Hot or Not? When guitar builders pick on each other

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
496ed45a86220432d043cd9946ae7098.png

I covered the builders name in the pic but I thought this was kind of funny. And no, it's not @dougk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kiesel has some serious customer service issues. many folks say their guitars sound dead too.

overall not interested at all. lots of their guitars look terrible but its bc many people have godawful taste and they just build whatever people pay for.

I contacted them about the CT6 but they wouldn't even entertain the idea of the bridge that I wanted to use. I even offered to buy the bridge and ship it to them. All they would have to do is drill the studs. After that I haven't given them much thought.

kiesel has some serious customer service issues. many folks say their guitars sound dead too.

overall not interested at all. lots of their guitars look terrible but its bc many people have godawful taste and they just build whatever people pay for.
I know a few people online who have them and love them but the handful I've played (including one Oscar had for review that I tried on a gig) have not made me happy. Not my aesthetic.

496ed45a86220432d043cd9946ae7098.png

I covered the builders name in the pic but I thought this was kind of funny. And no, it's not @dougk

I'm sorry, but WTF is that? It looks like someone glued a pinkburst(!) superstrat top to a much larger alder bass bottom -- nothing fits! Hideous is an epic understatement...

Reactions: DFB
Maybe Kiesel is trying to be the next tasteless luxury builder. Just think about all the hideous bursts and inlaid guitars PRS made over the years—and we know how that worked out.

Personally: I've always found vendors who make a point to rip on other vendors (in any field) are people who I will never do business with. It's just poor taste and generally more reflective of their own issues.

It's also why you rarely see anything but positive posts from me... :wink:

I'm guessing there is comfort contouring in the area where the body shows around the top and I'd need to see a lot more pictures than that to make my mind up on that.

The pink burst is the thing that turns me off that guitar and IMHO looks awful.

Back