When did you realise you were all grown up?

55 still waiting I think...

It still bothers me when people call me Sir...I'm not that old damn it :mad:

I did get carded a month or so ago :thu:...then she told me they were doing it for everyone :(

Reactions: Tig
It wasn't overnight. Financial independence and first child was a big thing. When I was first diagnosed with cancer, when my wife was pregnant with twins... I've never felt the weight of responsibility than that. But, on the other hand, I lost some independence since family had to step in, take care of me, and take on some of that responsibility, so that was a step backwards.

But maybe the nail in the coffin - really poor choice of words - was the deaths of my wife's parents (drunk driver and cancer) and their youngest moving in with us.

I've had a crazy 9 years, but it's been pretty great, all in all. I'm happy. It's strange to think about, it hindsight, but I've posted about virtually every step of that, between here and GJ.

Whether looking back over the years or just the past few days, I see I've done things that grown ups do, but I still don't see myself as a "grown up"

Never let the kid inside you die.

Disclaimer: As the body ages, you do have to make smarter decisions since healing takes longer.

Last edited:
When I put replaced the empty toilet paper roll into the holder instead of just leaving it out for someone else to do...

Reactions: Tig
The weekly AARP mailings, mostly. But like others said, I still feel mostly teenagerish. Except with more aches and pains.

There is a big difference between feeling grown up and feeling old. I must confess that, other than the random ache or pain, I don't feel much older than I did in 1969.

Honestly, I'll be 41 next month, married for 10 years in May, and have a decent job, and I still feel like I'm in college.

Until I talk to anyone that actually is.

And then I feel like I'm 41.

When I was 19! :grin:
I left my parents house, joined the military, and have stood on my own ever since.
I had a great childhood, but I couldn't "grow up" fast enough!

From my earliest memories I was a young man and treated that way. Oh, and men don't cry. You get the picture.

I think this answers the title question well.

mv_deadpool%2Bchimichanga_art.jpg

I may not have grown up, but I do feel old. I really started feeling old when the local classic rock station starting running commercials for adult diapers. Yesterday, that station ran a commercial for the local nursing home.

It really hit home with me this week helping my son move into his own place. Hitting me harder than I thought it would.

Back