What's your upgrade criteria?

With that said, of the pickups that you have replaced in your other 6's, which ones did you like and would use again. I would see if that company offers of a 7-String in that model. Just a suggestion. Understood about the metal as that has become somewhat the new standard. For me I can't see owning a 7 other than to play jazz and the would be whole different category.

I see what you're saying but none really apply. Area T Hot for a Tele, Fender Nocasters, and SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers.

This. If I'm buying an electric, I almost never plug in when I'm testing it. If it has great intonation and if I can feel the vibrations of the strings up in the headstock, then there's nothing that can't be easily fixed electronically.

Same. The kids at Guitar Center always look at me funny when they ask if I want to plug it in and I say no.

If I bought an Ibanez 7 string, I'd put a Dimarzio PAF 7 in the neck and an Air Norton 7 in the bridge, and save $150 over boutiquey pickups I'm not going to be able to tell the difference with.

If I bought an Ibanez 7 string, I'd put a Dimarzio PAF 7 in the neck and an Air Norton 7 in the bridge, and save $150 over boutiquey pickups I'm not going to be able to tell the difference with.
PAF7 was originally what I was going for. Then I heard the Holy Diver 6 and Rebel Yell through my amp.
I actually thought the Rebel Yell was the most articulate and sounded awesome. But not for the intended purpose of this 7 string.

Back