What's your favorite pickup?

I'll go with Duncan Antiquities. There are a bunch of different version of them and all the ones I have tried have been great.

Depends on the application, really. I'd probably go with Duncan Hot Rails for singles, and Gibson 57 Classics for humbuckers. I do have a Duncan Antiquity in one of my Les Paul's, and it's great, but I prefer potted pickups.

I'm quite partial to vintage spec Firebird pickups. I have a set of Duncan Antiquities in my Jaguar that I love, but I also love a Duncan SM-1N in the neck position of just about anything.

P90s are second for me. I have a set of BG "vintage" P90s in a Tele and they're fantastic.

The one I am playing. But the combination of pickups I am playing the most and having a ball with is combo of the Bryan Gunsher wound rock tele bridge pickup paired with his P-90 in the neck of my tele. Lots of fun to be had in that combination.

It always depends on the signal path and the sounds I'm trying to make, but my co#1s both have dimarzios right now - a pair of 36th anniv in my soloway and a model-designed dimarzio in my Sadowsky.

When I played mostly rock I used superstrats with Duncan JBs in the bridges and 59s in the neck (when I had a neck pickup).

As for what I own, Reverend P90's.
For what I'd like to own, the list is long and pricey.

Otherwise...
1959 Chevrolet Apache
90427734e0_640.jpg

e5708d9dfc_640.jpg

The Suhr pickups in my Pro Series 3 guitar are amazing. H/S/S

I absolutely love the humbucker sound of the Seymour Duncan P-rails pickup. very unique.

And, well, my own Wide Range Humbuckers. That may be a bit immodest but I'll be damned if they don't have one of the coolest sounds on the planet.

I really like the sound of Lace Sensors too.

Too many to name a single favorite!

It's hard to pick because every guitar I own has a different pickup that just fits it perfectly...

But I've been playing the shit out of my Strat with a Duncan '59/Custom hybrid in it lately.

I like the Antiquities I have and also the Vintage Vibe P90's in a humbucker mount.

Three pickups stand out for me, in my limited experience.

Fender Vintage Noiseless - I have been in love with the sound since getting the Deluxe Player's Strat.
Gibson Classic 57's - I had them put into an Epiphone LP and it came alive.
Lace Sensor Gold - I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I like them. I know they are supposed to have increased sustain, but there's something else there that eludes me when I try to describe them.

I have a couple WCR Darkbursts and I think they're close to perfect. For P-90's I'm partial to Lollar. For singles, I like gold lace sensors.

rumpelstiltskin broadcasters (1950 black rope)
fralin stock are really good too
as are fred stuart blackguards

those are my top 3

IM000002_zps0fc81990.jpg

i really love this Seymour Duncan ST59-1 Little 59 Telecaster Pickup. The Seth Lover in the neck is pretty good also.

Back