What's your favorite pickup?

"If I say you have a great body will you hold it against me?"

Oh....pickups.....

I love filtertron style pickups. The Revtrons I have in my Reverend are quite nice - but I would like to try a set of TV Jones or Lollers....

It might be helpful if you specified type of guitar or type of pickup, i.e. Strat, Tele, Humbucker, P90, etc. I don't know if I have a favorite per se. I prefer vintage wound, alnico based pickups for the most part.

image.jpg

I know. That's two.
My favorite bridge pickup and my favorite neck pickup. (Antiquity P90 and SM-3 mini humbucker. Both from Duncan.)

My favorite single coils are probably Lollar goldfoils

My current favorite humbucker is probably the SD Pearly Gates, but I have been chasing the gretsch chimey sound here lately.

TV Jones Classic Plus for the bridge.

I love the SD Telecaster Hot Stack bridge pickup, too.

For neck pickup, the Godin P90 in my Kingpin is my favorite. I just want to find a hum-cancelling version that fits and sounds the same.

I dig the Duncan Designed versions of the Duncan 59s that are in my Corsair. Eventually I’ll probably replace all my humbuckers with real 59s, but I’m lazy so not soon.

I really like the Fender CS '69s that Abbey Ybarro wound. I may shop for a few more sets of those.

I have no expensive pickups in my guitars, mostly stock or GFS, I've found that the stock ones worked better in other instruments. But the one that sounded good and usable in all my guitars was the GFS VEH.

So I guess that one.

Batteries are for flashlights - Bill Lawrence :poke:

yes, I'm in the crowd that hates EMG's. Probably more over their appearance/aesthetics vs. actual sound. I have a repair customer that will only use EMG's due to how quiet they are in venues that will cause lots of noise from standard single coils.

Back