Whats your favorite 1x12 combo amp?

My favourite 1 x 12" is the Trace Elliot Super Tramp Tube of which I have two. However as a hybrid amp I doubt most people here would be interested. Also as they are fairly large as 1 x 12" combos go, it probably wouldn't fit the small footprint requirement. Here's a pic of one on top of Marshall 4x12" (AVT?) to illustrate the footprint size.

Stack.jpg

except for the 15" speaker...

Tons of volume and clean headroom, I'd say Peavey Delta Blues. Except it has a 15" too...

I ended up selling that wine red DRRI this week. I don't know what I was hoping for but it was a disappointment.

I sure as heck like that Egnater Tweaker head/cab combo though — to the degree that I'm thinking about buying the 40 watt version. I'm shocked at how much I like that little amp. Plus it fits in the trunk of a Miata, which is quite a trick.

Last edited:
Tons of volume and clean headroom, I'd say Peavey Delta Blues. Except it has a 15" too...

I ended up selling that wine red DRRI this week. I don't know what I was hoping for but it was a disappointment.

I sure as heck like that Egnater Tweaker head/cab combo though — to the degree that I'm thinking about buying the 40 watt version. I'm shocked at how much I like that little amp. Plus it fits in the trunk of a Miata, which is quite a trick.

Sounds like you might just be an EL84 fan.

My fave is a Matchless Lightening....but financially that will never happen. I am very, very happy with my Gretsch Playboy however - that would be a close second. But I know neither of those are in the ball park of what you are looking for.

You need to join the MESA tribe.

5:25 Express or Express plus - super versatile, amazing cleans, MESA overdrive. Amazing amp in a 1x12 configuration.

Mesa is always a great option IMO. The three contenders for me though, are:
Allen Sweet Spot
Rivera Clubster 25
Valvetech VAC25

Back