Whats your favorite 1x12 combo amp?

Vox AC15 Custom Tube Combo - 1x12" 15-Watt Limited Edition w/Alnico Blue

or
Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb 1x12" 22-Watt
DV019_Jpg_Regular_1375800276843_A.jpg

Voxes don't usually work for me but the new Deluxe might from what I remember of it at NAMM.

:hmm:

my favorite would be a Dr Z Stang Ray.....if I had 2500 to spend on a 1x12 combo.
as it is, I really like my Fender Blues Deluxe. but I dumped the stock speaker about a week after I got it. i'm a Peavey Scorpion/Black Widow fan, and since I had TWO Scorpions sitting around....in one went. never looked back. the Scorpion will take anything that amp can put out and not get buzzy or woofy or farty. nice big round present bottom end, along with the 6L6 mids and that chimey fender upper end.
should I post a pic?? :grin:

also.....the BD is a 40 watt amp. I don't like the "drive " channel and don't use it. but these take pedals like all the other great fender's do.....very well.

it's basically a 60's Band Master in a single cabinet.

also.....the BD is a 40 watt amp. I don't like the "drive " channel and don't use it. but these take pedals like all the other great fender's do.....very well.

it's basically a 60's Band Master in a single cabinet.
Before I opened Premier Music I worked for a store that was a Fender dealer and it really soured me on all of those amps. I know its a pretty widely used piece of gear but I still can't stand any of those series of amplifiers.

Before I opened Premier Music I worked for a store that was a Fender dealer and it really soured me on all of those amps. I know its a pretty widely used piece of gear but I still can't stand any of those series of amplifiers.

:(

a lot of the dislike for the "blues" series (including me) has to do with the "drive" channel, which can easily sound like dog ass. the clean side sounds just like all the 40 watt (and up) fenders since about 1964, IMO. (I've owned a number of the 64-68 fenders, but still my opinion)

i'm not saying you HAVE to try one, i'm sure you have. i'm just saying that I've heard lots of folks say they can't stand them, and when I ask "have you played it clean?".....they just look at me with that "never thought of that" look. and like I said before, the stock speakers ARE dog ass.

a lot of the dislike for the "blues" series (including me) has to do with the "drive" channel, which can easily sound like dog ass. the clean side sounds just like all the 40 watt (and up) fenders since about 1964, IMO. (I've owned a number of the 64-68 fenders, but still my opinion)

i'm not saying you HAVE to try one, i'm sure you have. i'm just saying that I've heard lots of folks say they can't stand them, and when I ask "have you played it clean?".....they just look at me with that "never thought of that" look. and like I said before, the stock speakers ARE dog ass.
Yeah...they are pretty common backline amps around here too so I've played them at work in the store as well as on festival stages. Just never did it for me.

My problem with the Blues Deluxe i had wasn't that it sounded bad. It was just too damn loud. Those things go from nothing to loud before you hit 2 on the volume. I sold it after buying my Allen and never looked back.

I have 2. A Marshall 1974x and a Holland Li'l Jimi.

Maybe find an Allen Hot Fudge combo. The one without nuts. It's the brownface princeton clone. 15 watts with 6v6's and 25 watts with 6L6's. I've been using the head version with a 1974cx cabinet and the volume doesn't need to go past 2 or 2 1/2. Plenty loud at 15 watts. Takes pedals incredibly well. If anything went wrong with it, any competent amp tech could fix it.

It held its own at pragestock with 6V6s in it.

My favorite 1x12 that I have owned was a Mesa Mark I. It doesn't have the gain as most Mesas. Way more Fender than Dual Rectifier. IIRC, the original was a hot rodded Fender Princeton. Randall put a 12' speaker and the power section from a Bassman in it.

I don't own it, but I really like the Egnater Rebel 30. I can't speak to the extent of the clean headroom, but it sounds really good. My favorites are often MESA/Boogies, but for clean headroom it's hard to beat a good Fender.

You seem to have Fender covered......... Ever thought about a Trainwreck clone? What sound you think your missing? That deluxe reverb sure covers a lot

You seem to have Fender covered......... Ever thought about a Trainwreck clone? What sound you think your missing? That deluxe reverb sure covers a lot
Honestly I would be happy with a 20 watt combo version of my Suhr Badger 30. I don't really need much variety since that amp covers a lot of ground and volume levels. It just has too large of a footprint onstage. Even though its 38 watts it sounds better at low volumes than my 22 watt deluxe :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There's a guy (not in a white van kinda guy) here in my SoCal local that has been buying Fischer/Trainwreck components for years. He pretty much has them dialed in. Might be able to hook a brotha up.

Back