Whats your current "#1"?

The #1 acoustic is the Takamine Glenn Frey Signature.
e0495ba8-21e9-4761-8105-72b5e62f70fd_zpsc74f5526.jpg
IMGP9587_zps27326c2b.jpg

And the #1 electric is the Deluxe Player's Strat. Got it used, and before it arrived, it was completely cleaned up, with a brand new original pickguard. I absolutely love the 12" radius on the freatboard.

IMGP9615_zpsb3c78e83.jpg

View attachment 15495

I've been tweaking the action and intonation on this and it's in pretty good shape now. The bridge pickup with a slapback through my Peavey Classic 50 is just a blast.

New guitars usually have a "can't put it down" stage. This one is in a "can't wait to get home and start playing it" stage.

The contrast in tones is also making me appreciate my Tele more so the Tele is getting a lot of love, too.

Sideways pics!

image.jpg

Update to my original post
large.jpg

tied for #1 at least. Honestly, between this and my Starliner I'm a pretty happy camper.

Reactions: Tig
Charvel 375 Deluxe with SD pickup (HB), original Jackson single-coils and Kahler FR trem. Buttah.
375deluxe.jpg

The only song I don't play with it (at least at this point) is Spirit of Radio since I find the spacing of the first string to the edge of the fretboard to be too narrow for the pull-off's and hammer-on's.

Last edited:
Same Hamer Artist as it's been since 02.

Swapped out the neck pup for a Lollar I bought from a weiner and it's removed the woofyness that the SD 59 had.

Back