What's the worst thing you've ever eaten that wasn't spoiled?

if beverages count, the taste of root beer has always made me gag. I do not understand why everybody likes it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some years ago, a [Korean] friend took us out to a restaurant that served his native cuisine.

I don't remember any names in particular, but the majority of items featured were horrific. Between the smell and the taste, I've never been so profoundly disgusted.

Apparently, I'm not a fan.

The last time I was in Japan, I had cuttlefish nigiri. It was like raw squid but more bitter and had a residue that coated my mouth for a while. It was awful.

Serious though, I once went to a Greek resturaunt and got the stuffed calamaries. Never guessing that they would actually be just the squid bodies with feta cheese stuffed into them and baked.

Nasty, overcooked and tough
Never again.

And in panama there was a roadside guy with a habachi that sold meat on a stick. One day he just stops coming around and then word gets out from the paper that he was closed down from their health department for selling bush meat. Though it technically tasted good, it still gives me the heebie geebies.

Excluding absurdly hot peppers or hot sauces? (That would be #1, I think)

Y'know, I've liked most foods that lots of people hate: octopus, oysters, a-ping, haggis, blood sausage, etc.

Hearts and brains of any kind? Not for me. Bull testicles? Not for me. I've tried all of that, and I strongly disliked all of it. But honestly, if it was served to me at someone's home, I'd eat it.

One thing that I can't deal with is salt cod. Which is odd and unfortunate for guy who spent years in Newfoundland.

Last edited:
Some magic mushrooms that were infested with maggots.

We thought we sorted out the maggoty ones, but when we got to the bottom of the tea, there were a bunch of maggots in the pan. We were starting to trip by then so it was pretty unsettling. :messedup:

Most things with cinnamon in it. I can't stand cinnamon.

Fatty meat makes me gag. Gah, I feel nauseous thinking about it, now.

We thought we sorted out the maggoty ones, but when we got to the bottom of the tea, there were a bunch of maggots in the pan. We were starting to trip by then so it was pretty unsettling. :messedup:

Oh, man.......that's too much. How the hell did maggots get into the mushrooms? All the ones I ever had (I mean saw....*ahem*) were dried out. Nonetheless, that sounds like a bad time.

Oh, man.......that's too much. How the hell did maggots get into the mushrooms? All the ones I ever had (I mean saw....*ahem*) were dried out. Nonetheless, that sounds like a bad time.

These were fresh and hand-picked.

Once we got over that initial grossness we had a great time. :grin:

They weren't really there, you realize that?

Back