What's the guitar of the evening?

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
jugupe3y.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

wait a sec, Mark...weren't there more pickups in that guitar before?
or am I imagining things again?

I've been enjoying this....

hofner-guitars-club-solid-hct-cs10-635795.jpg

Unfortunately, after several beers it only seems to be capable of playing the first minute of the David Lee Roth/Steve Vai iteration of Tobacco Road. Not sure why that is.

FYI, not my photo, so credit to the person who took the picture.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying this....

hofner-guitars-club-solid-hct-cs10-635795.jpg

Unfortunately, after several beers it only seems to be capable of playing the first minute of the David Lee Roth/Steve Vai iteration of Tobacco Road. Not sure why that is.

How heavy was that again? That was the only thing that kept me from ordering one the other day. Didn't you say it was like 10 pounds?

Yeah, it is really heavy. It has to be at least ten pounds. I can't say exactly, as I haven't weighed it, but it feels about the same as a non chambered LP traditional....maybe even a little more. It is mahogany with a maple top with about the same thickness and size of a LP, and it seems to have zero weight relief features. It sounds like a fricken sledge hammer and is really resonant on the bass strings, but it is a guitar that needs a WIDE strap to wear comfortably.

Yeah, it is really heavy. It has to be at least ten pounds. I can't say exactly, as I haven't weighed it, but it feels about the same as a non chambered LP traditional....maybe even a little more. It is mahogany with a maple top with about the same thickness and size of a LP, and it seems to have zero weight relief features. It sounds like a fricken sledge hammer and is really resonant on the bass strings, but it is a guitar that needs a WIDE strap to wear comfortably.
Whered ya get dat

^^American Musical Supply had them on closeout for 239 a while ago. I really should have bought two of them. It is a really well made guitar with a unique sound. If I saw it in a store without a price tag, I would guess it cost a grand or so.

Back