What's in the box?... "A chihuahua.... and a nose....."

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
My coworkers were taken aback when I opened a box with a Chihuahua and a nose in it.... but fortunately, these were made of metal.

chiwahwah.jpg

For the uninitiated, the Chi-Wah-Wah is a wah pedal that is no bigger than a common stomp box. Will fit very tidy on the end of the pedal board.

The Nose pedal is a compact expression pedal. Instead of a sweeping pedal, it uses a rotary knob that is the right size for you to turn with your foot. Unfortunately, I've already sold the pedal I planned on using it wit (The Voicelive 3. I ordered this pedal at the same time, but it was back-ordered.) If it doesn't work with any of my other effects, I'll likely return it and get an ABY or something instead.

I can't wait to hear how you like the little Wah. I am pretty sure I am too clumsy to work the nose pedal, I wold be knocking the settings on the other pedals while trying to turn it with my foot.

I can't wait to hear how you like the little Wah. I am pretty sure I am too clumsy to work the nose pedal, I wold be knocking the settings on the other pedals while trying to turn it with my foot.

The design is such that you could velcro it sideways (like in the pic) on the outside edge of your board and roll your foot along the knob.

Reactions: Tig
The design is such that you could velcro it sideways (like in the pic) on the outside edge of your board and roll your foot along the knob.

I am pretty sure that would end up with me falling over at some point in the show :grin:

My happy wah day is now sad....

I got a couple minutes of sweet sweet wah out of it...

.. then I got a little burst of gain and now no wah. I get a gain boost whenever I rock the pedal, but zero wah effect. The outside two knobs are kicking the volume/gain up and down with the wah, so the optical on/off and the gain controls are working, but something in the wah portion stopped working within a few minutes. :(

They shipped the first one out really fast... hopefully their warranty replacement is as quick. We shall see.

Broken wah mojo. I was also looking forward to hear what you thought of it. The idea makes a lot of sense. There's really no reason for wahs to be as large as they are.

Well, Keith at Mika (the distributor of the Chi-Wah-Wah) was very cordial and helpful. He's shipping out a new unit with a prepaid return envelope for the other one. Should be here early next week.

DANCING-banana

I like that a lot. I hate the way that Dunlop wahs work, and I hate that Morley wahs are as big as a house. That will probably be my next wah.

The new one is here and it works perfectly! That first one was likely a one in 1000 with a bad circuit or component right off the assembly line. Usually a piece of electronic kit will either fail within the first couple hours of use, or work for many years.

Back