What's everyone been eating lately ?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I just started my annual healthier eating. seems like every year subconsiously I began to eat healthy on a binge basis, usually starts around spring time roughly.So last week I began my "wrap" consumption. A couple years back I ate wraps (Kale or sprouts, Argula, cucumber, red oinion , tomato and spicy hummus and a slice of turkey ) evryday for like 5 weeks straight. I'm also trying to eatr more fruit and veggies again and some tofu, whole grains. I pretty much dumped soda about 4 years ago but I do have maybe 3 per wee and usually it's just in a restuarant.

:hmm:

Made my own garlic and chili olive oil. It instantly transforms any pasta dish, salad or pizza into something special. I should know, I tried all 3 :grin:

Breakfast: one egg OR two slices of bacon, one slice of buttered Melba toast, small glass of unsweetened juice
Lunch: 4 ounces of meat, clear soup, salad or green veggies. Melba toast and butter afterward.
Dinner: same as lunch.
Snack: Melba toast with cheese and fruit.

As much coffee or tea as I want, but nothing added to it.

Celery, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber as much and as often as I want.
Lots of water.

No beer. No wine. But I can have one shot of the harder stuff per day. I haven't bothered, but I might start tonight.

For a cheat, I have an Arbonne fit chew. It's like a Halloween toffee but in different flavours and has some good ingredients that help take the edge off if you get hungry.
I've been taking a multi vitamin just to make sure things stay balanced.

I've been doing that since Monday and will continue until I get to the weight to which I think I need to get.
Should be good for about 5 pounds a week.

Not eating as much and focusing on healthier foods has helped me lose 6 pounds since the end of January.

I still snack too much at night, but that's just an excuse to drink bourbon to wash it down with. :wink:

Mostly just trying to hit my macro goals on my nutrition plan. It's a flexible plan where I increase carbs on workout days for fuel and recovery. I'm down almost 30 days without soda and only had fast food once, on the way home from a late night concert when nothing else was open. I'm down just of 6 pounds so far this month.

Got a rack of ribs on the grill right now. Later in the weekend I think I'll do the last batch of chili before the hot weather hits.

If this thread was supposed to be about healthy stuff, well recently I discovered a recipe for whole-wheat pasta with a pistachio pesto that is fantastic, will cook that tomorrow. :)

Got a rack of ribs on the grill right now. Later in the weekend I think I'll do the last batch of chili before the hot weather hits.

If this thread was supposed to be about healthy stuff, well recently I discovered a recipe for whole-wheat pasta with a pistachio pesto that is fantastic, will cook that tomorrow. :)

No it's just what have you been eating. If you've been eating pop rocks and Bacon loafs then that's fine too!

Food.

*spits*

Callie has been eating this which i switched her to rfecently and she's doing great on it....high quality stuff this is and I've only ever fed her the High quality stuff. Chewy.com is the place to go btw, only 4.95 shipping no matter how big your order and it only takes about three days to get you order.

Hope this helps!

I swear by Chewy as well.

My nine year old daughter is learning to cook and is currently perfecting her omelet skills. Tonight she made us mushroom spinach omelets.

Mostly just trying to hit my macro goals on my nutrition plan. It's a flexible plan where I increase carbs on workout days for fuel and recovery. I'm down almost 30 days without soda and only had fast food once, on the way home from a late night concert when nothing else was open. I'm down just of 6 pounds so far this month.
:thu: Eliminating soda is a difficult one, but probably one of the best things we can to for a healthier life.

Must not type first thought that came to mind.

I've never had tofu. I don't even know what it looks like. I'm not sure I'll ever try it either..

Today I picked up some baby green salad mix and lamb chops from Costco..

I've never had tofu. I don't even know what it looks like. I'm not sure I'll ever try it either..

Today I picked up some baby green salad mix and lamb chops from Costco..
It looks like a giant cube of parmesan cheese. It doesn't have a taste but instead picks up whatever seasoning you use. Tofu (extra firm) with bok choy, garlic , coriander and soy sauce is pretty good.

Breakfast: one egg OR two slices of bacon, one slice of buttered Melba toast, small glass of unsweetened juice
Lunch: 4 ounces of meat, clear soup, salad or green veggies. Melba toast and butter afterward.
Dinner: same as lunch.
Snack: Melba toast with cheese and fruit.

As much coffee or tea as I want, but nothing added to it.

Celery, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber as much and as often as I want.
Lots of water.

No beer. No wine. But I can have one shot of the harder stuff per day. I haven't bothered, but I might start tonight.

For a cheat, I have an Arbonne fit chew. It's like a Halloween toffee but in different flavours and has some good ingredients that help take the edge off if you get hungry.
I've been taking a multi vitamin just to make sure things stay balanced.

I've been doing that since Monday and will continue until I get to the weight to which I think I need to get.
Should be good for about 5 pounds a week.

Some time in the week before I started this, I weighed in at 249 and change.
That week I continued to eat all the stuff I normally eat, and some. Went out for dinner and over ate, then had 4 beers while watching the band play.
I started this diet on Monday.

This morning, I weighed in at 241 and change.

There have been some times of hunger, but water, celery, and carrots get me through.
I already feel more energetic.

I know I can't do this forever, but my plan is that I will break some bad habits and build some good habits.

I eat this everyday. Don't know how helpful it is but here you go.

Calories-2,965
protein- 200 grams
carbs- 350 grams
fat- 85 grams

I weighed in at 235.6 this morning.

15 pounds in three weeks...

It's all going to hell tonight though. I'm going to a charity dinner with a seafood buffet and an open bar.
Other than , the booze, I shouldn't stray too far from plan. I don't really like seafood.

Back