Whatever critic lady . . .

If you have something else to do rather than watch a band play more songs for you, feel free to leave. cop0beavis0stfu

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/30/the-cure-review-royal-albert-hall-numbing

As Stuart said:
Stuart Harbut
30 March 2014 11:17pm

Recommend
Oh The Guardian how incredibly dull and prosaic your review was. For people who love chicken in a basket greatest ht packages to discuss with your cool mates in your dreary loft apartment in Notting Hill it must have been quite dull. For actual fans of the band it was a joyous evening. Also that assumption that Cure fans are moping black nail vanish wearers is utterly absurd and tells of the awful rag journalism your paper seems to consider writing in this day an age.Blimey its hard enough to get tickets to these gigs without one being wasted on such a pointless lazy critic like yourself. Next time just write your criticisms at home and send me your ticket you joyless cretin.

And The Cure themselves weighed in (Facebook) after fans complained about the review:

As reported in her response to theirs: The Cure themselves also responded to the reviews (all caps is the Cure response). Well, to my review in the Guardian, specifically. “THE REVIEW WAS – TO PUT IT POLITELY - LAZY NONSENSE,” they said on Facebook. “ … swampy… numbing… yet to work out how to build up a show… GULP!!! BUT WE NOW KNOW WHERE WE HAVE BEEN GOING WRONG ALL THIS TIME: Condensed into 90 minutes, this would have been one of the gigs of the year. WE PLAY TOO MANY SONGS! DOH! BUT… IS IT NOT VERY OBVIOUS THAT WE PLAY OUR OWN SHOWS (AS OPPOSED TO FESTIVAL HEADLINES) FOR FANS OF THE BAND?”

Haha! Whatever lady! Pretty much all the fans and the band are fine with a good long party. If it is too much for you, feel free to leave. I can't believe the best a music critic can do is say the concert was too long.

Last edited:
Not being a Cure fan I too would have found that show excruciatingly long...

That being said for a fan of the band that kind of show would have been the night of their life...

Critics suck most of the time...she should spend more time sucking and less time writing...

J.D. Considine used to do reviews for the Baltimore Sun. He did a review of Depeche Mode (in the pre-guitar days) and opened the review by stating that he hated synth bands that didn't have guitarists showboating; he then went on to trash the show. Ignorant fucker. :mad:

Back