What strings are you using on your steel strings?

I remember, shortly after Ovation guitars came on the market, they put out Ovation strings; they came packed in a little frisbee (you know, rounded plastic back). The strings sucked. I also remember the only strings I could buy locally back in 1966-67 were Black Diamond strings, which might have been worse that the Ovation strings. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Every acoustic seems to have certain strings that hit it's sweet spot. I used John Pearse for years, but when I got my current acoustic, the Tak 341SC, they didn't cut it.

I have been using DiAddario Phosphor/Bronze light top - medium bottom (.012 - .056) and I really like them. They work great for this guitar. Elixers on Taks get a lot of good press but they didn't work for me - though I do like Elixers a lot.

I've used d'addario phosphor-bronze for years. They are reasonably priced sound good enough to me and I leave them on for ages so going and experimenting won't work since all new strings will sound good (I imagine)..

That and my ears suck

I use both Elixer Nanoweb, and Phospher-Bronze strings. I like 12's and 11's. My Takamine 6-string seems to like Phospher-Bronze the best, as does the Takamine 12-string. The Alvarez 6-string sounds great with the Elixer Nanowebs.

I don't like pb. I don't like getting black lines on my fingers. I have an affection for Martin silk and steel.

I just put D'Addario Phosphor Bronze on my DV52 and I'm not in love.

10885439_10153004722542425_9085235022418023464_n.jpg

Did you try the coated EXP ones?

I think the EXP ones are fantastic. I can't even tell the coating is on there, they just last longer.
I'll give them a try....I don't restring my acoustic that often but I've been playing it a bit more this month so maybe I'll have an excuse.....

I agree that the new D'Addario EXP NYsteel strings are a big improvement. I can't tell that they're coated -- to me they feel just like regular non-coated strings. I put a set of these on my Emerald and I play a LOT of acoustic -- probably have about five hours on it since I changed and still going strong.

I agree that the new D'Addario EXP NYsteel strings are a big improvement. I can't tell that they're coated -- to me they feel just like regular non-coated strings. I put a set of these on my Emerald and I play a LOT of acoustic -- probably have about five hours on it since I changed and still going strong.

There coated.

I KNOW! What I was getting at is that they don't FEEL like they're coated.

Saw the part where you said it doesn't feel like it.

That is a tough one...

"Their" usually applies to ownership hence possessive noun

"There" applies to place as in over there.

and "They're" or "They Are" is an action.

Couldn't find the right "The___" in this situation and went for the non-noun or verb tense.

Saw the part where you said it doesn't feel like it.

That is a tough one...

"Their" usually applies to ownership hence possessive noun

"There" applies to place as in over there.

and "They're" or "They Are" is an action.

Couldn't find the right "The___" in this situation and went for the non-noun or verb tense.

My wife teaches elementary school and between her and my daughter, I'm incessantly being corrected, mocked and patronized. THEIR BITCHES!!!! :mad:

lol-049

Back