What recording interfaces are y'all using these days?

Grant Gross

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Specifically, I'm looking to record a guitar amp to my PC, so I'm looking at a USB interface with an XLR input.

Thanks

Grant

Yeah, I'm looking at Focusite stuff, although I'm leaning toward the cheaper Solo. Or the Lexicon Alpha.

I have this Avid box with an upgraded ProTools.

avid-mbox-front.jpeg

Other than Pro Tools, what software are y'all using? Reaper? Mixcraft? Other stuff? Zynewave Podium looks cool.

I use Cubase recording software. My interface is an older M-Audio MBox. It works great but is only two channels.

I used to use Sony Acid to do all my remixes and have even recorded a couple songs using it. I really liked that software but they never patched it for newer Microsoft OS's. :(

I do see they have a new version that will run on Windows 10, but I've got ProTools now.

Reactions: OGG
I hve a little lexicon 2x2 box, mix craft, and a dell laptop but I could never get my tracks to line up so I gave up in frustration.
The laptop died and now all I have is this iPad with the mini plug(thunderbolt?). I have no idea what to get.
My studio/jam room is complete and I'd like to add recording capability.
Computer-use the iPad?, get a dedicated desktop or laptop?
I worry I'll spend a ton and still not be able to figure it all out.

Can anybody help?

I'm all Apogee and Logic, so no PC interface experience in years. When I was PC based I used MOTU rack gear.

Focusrite is far and away killing everything else out there right now dollar for dollar. Grab a Scarlett 2i4 and you'll be set.

Focusrite is far and away killing everything else out there right now dollar for dollar. Grab a Scarlett 2i4 and you'll be set.
I picked up a Behringer UMC202HD for $39 when they were selling them direct on sale. I just got a UMC404HD for $99 (plus 15% off GC coupon).

I'm shocked to say that Behringer is actually making gear that isn't steaming piles of shit and works as advertised. I've been using the 202 for my radio show up until the 404 showed up yesterday. The preamps actually sound really clean and clear and I've run guitar and bass through them into modeling software and everything sounds good.

I hve a little lexicon 2x2 box, mix craft, and a dell laptop but I could never get my tracks to line up so I gave up in frustration.
The laptop died and now all I have is this iPad with the mini plug(thunderbolt?). I have no idea what to get.
My studio/jam room is complete and I'd like to add recording capability.
Computer-use the iPad?, get a dedicated desktop or laptop?
I worry I'll spend a ton and still not be able to figure it all out.

Can anybody help?

Looks like this is a good package that could do all I might ever want.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett18i20
Now, how much computer horsepower do I need? Not only for tracking but mixing as well?

Back