What kind of tea(s) have you been enjoying lately ?

tazo earl grey or constant comment at work (because they're free)

TJ's irish black is my go-to/everyday at home. I like it black and suuuper strong. strong enough so that it makes me queasy if I have it without food, from all the tannins turning my stomach lining into leather. good stuff.

(the milk adding thing that UKers do is to bind up all those tannins)

4203739.jpg

Bigelow Irish Breakfast and Twinings Chai. Both with honey and half & half.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Lately - both Hojicha and Sencha Japanese green tea from Sugimoto Tea Company.

I also buy a chai Concentrate that is produced locally for an afternoon treat a few days a week.

I usually drink green tea during the week and coffee on weekends.

Last edited:
There's a bulk food store that's new in town, so I get the normal-est tea they have at the time I need to refill my jar.

About two or three months ago I once again tried to cut down on my soda intake by switching to tea and I fucking love it. I'm drinking four or five cups a day, a mix of bagged and loose-leaf. I really like the smoky aroma and flavor that Russian Caravan and Lapsang Souchongs have, and like that one in the afternoon. In the morning it's either a black irish breakfast or green tea with some ginger. Evenings I switch to herbals or a lower caffeine chai, lately it's been a seasonal harvest apple blend from a local tea shop.

About two or three months ago I once again tried to cut down on my soda intake by switching to tea and I fucking love it. I'm drinking four or five cups a day, a mix of bagged and loose-leaf. I really like the smoky aroma and flavor that Russian Caravan and Lapsang Souchongs have, and like that one in the afternoon. In the morning it's either a black irish breakfast or green tea with some ginger. Evenings I switch to herbals or a lower caffeine chai, lately it's been a seasonal harvest apple blend from a local tea shop.
If I'm doing tea in the morning it is definitely Irish Breakfast and I agree on the lower caffeine chai at night. Yum.

you should try the smoked one in my photo ......verdant tea.com

I’m mostly drinking this gunpowder green tea from Ku Cha tea, a local store. They also sell a wonderful silver needle and a divine snow bud grown on Mount Er Mei.

I have some Celestial Seasonings kicking around but I’m getting bored with them because the flavors are so weak. I’ve learned how much more flavorful the expensive stuff is and it’s hard to drink grocery store tea. I tried buying the bulk teas from Asian grocery stores and most of them taste like grass! So the expensive stuff it is. I just remind myself that per serving it’s still cheaper than soda.

I’m mostly drinking this gunpowder green tea from Ku Cha tea, a local store. They also sell a wonderful silver needle and a divine snow bud grown on Mount Er Mei.

I have some Celestial Seasonings kicking around but I’m getting bored with them because the flavors are so weak. I’ve learned how much more flavorful the expensive stuff is and it’s hard to drink grocery store tea. I tried buying the bulk teas from Asian grocery stores and most of them taste like grass! So the expensive stuff it is. I just remind myself that per serving it’s still cheaper than soda.

The chai concentrate I buy is local to you. Have you tried Sherpa Chai? Makes all the other chai concentrates taste awful. A very nice ginger kick.

Back