Question: What is your favorite delay pedal?

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I currently have a Boss DD3. Not my fave. I need to replace it with something with tap tempo I think. It sounds pretty good though.

So what is your fave delay pedal?

Last edited:
catalinbread-echorec-3.jpg

I like my flashback delay...I don't think my version has tap tempo though but I have V1 so it might have changed

Even after buying the Catalinbread Echorec, I still like the Carbon Copy the most. I should have gone with a modern digital delay like a TC Electronic Flashback or a Wampler Faux AnalogEcho for what I'm going for. I have very little use for the different tape head configurations of the Echorec.
This is where Howie adds me to his ignore list! wave0

Even after buying the Catalinbread Echorec, I still like the Carbon Copy the most. I should have gone with a modern digital delay like a TC Electronic Flashback or a Wampler Faux AnalogEcho for what I'm going for. I have very little use for the different tape head configurations of the Echorec.

I think if you are trying to play cover songs, then the Echorec is really not the delay to use. When I had one, it was almost like its own instrument. It was the one pedal I sat down with hours and messed with. I came up with some really cool parts using that pedal, but if you said, hey lets play a U2 song, I don't think I could have done it with the Echorec.

It's a quirky delay that isn't for everyone.

Depends on usage for me. Country, I prefer the Wampler Faux Analog Delay and the Faux Tape Echo w/Tap Temp. For playing all others the TC Flashback with the delay set to the 2290 setting. If I need a delay with presets, a good ole Line 6 DL4 is a great choice.

Boss DM-2

dm2-pedal.gif

Warm with all the clarity I wanted.

Displaced my old Echoplex years ago.

I sold mine for over $200 a few years ago. As rough as I am on pedals I figured it was a goner if I used it on a regular basis anyway. Really one of the best delays I've owned but I tend to wear even stuff like that out over time.

Depends on usage for me. Country, I prefer the Wampler Faux Analog Delay and the Faux Tape Echo w/Tap Temp. For playing all others the TC Flashback with the delay set to the 2290 setting. If I need a delay with presets, a good ole Line 6 DL4 is a great choice.
If I were going to buy a delay with presets, it'd be that new Korg SDD-3000.

On far left. Hasn't worked right for 6 months. It looses power, off, and on. Told son I don't know how many times to send it in, and get it fixed.

Back