What is your favorite 1x12 cabinet?

Does anyone here have experience with the Panama Guitars cabinets?

I'm still wanting a 1x12 to pair with my 20w 6505 mini head, and I'm always looking at those Panama cabs over on reverb.

Not a cab, more a combo that is a pain in the ass to move, with an upside-down Crate V16 in it. Made the "cab" part to Mesa dimensions. For clean noodling, it's better with the back off. Wizard is their most efficient speaker, not recommended for open back, gets farty with the back off. Put the back on and it kicks you in the chest.

P1120261.JPG

P1120262.JPG

Does anyone here have experience with the Panama Guitars cabinets?

I'm still wanting a 1x12 to pair with my 20w 6505 mini head, and I'm always looking at those Panama cabs over on reverb.

I do, with the rugged Road Series 1x12. The way they're put together, it's quite difficult to swap speakers without damaging that gorgeous wood they use. They're practically glued together.

That said the cab is very nice, and the speaker they use (they call it the AV30) is an OEM WGS based on a Celestion Vintage 30 so it sounds really good. But if you're looking to speaker swap, this may not be the one for you.

orzc4rwpfgmfqvyv3b51.jpg

Last edited:
I ran across a Marshall VS112 today for a hundred bucks. Wasn’t exactly what I was wanting but it’ll get the job done for what I’m needing. I can swap the baffle for birch to help some if it sounds like a wet noodle. I’ve got a few different speakers lying around as well. I wanted a widebody Mesa but just too pricey. Worth it though in my opinion.

I ran across a Marshall VS112 today for a hundred bucks. Wasn’t exactly what I was wanting but it’ll get the job done for what I’m needing. I can swap the baffle for birch to help some if it sounds like a wet noodle. I’ve got a few different speakers lying around as well. I wanted a widebody Mesa but just too pricey. Worth it though in my opinion.
I would have grabbed that too. If it were mine, maybe a Celestion of some kind would go in?

It has a celestion Goldback in there stock. I have an old g12-65 from the middle 80s that will probably make its way in there. :thu:

Last edited:
Pretty sure I’ve posted pics of this amp before, but what the hell, I’m also getting older and need to start working on my “I’m old and couldn’t remember” schtick.
3BB60BEE-2AD3-40DD-B1BF-3940A69BB911.jpeg

9A67D3DA-9E1E-42E4-AD13-2DE32964E92B.jpeg

Back