What is wrong with people?

VoidTerraFirma

Live to wine
The "new guy" at work has questionable automotive taste. He's also a Cowboys fan...

image.jpeg

:messedup: Those are the ugliest wheels I have ever seen. Also, that fake Pep Boys fender vent thing has to go.

Wow.

I'm thinking about slamming my new Jeep and doing 22" rims with 1" sidewalls.

I see a lot of that where I live. I don't really get the point, as the ride quality must suck, and wheels that big probably hurt performance due to the massive unsprung weight and altered suspension geometry. I think the bigger wheel thing started to get bigger brake rotors on the cars of the 80's and 90's, but it seems to have kind of taken on a stylistic thing these days.

I see a lot of that where I live. I don't really get the point, as the ride quality must suck, and wheels that big probably hurt performance due to the massive unsprung weight and altered suspension geometry. I think the bigger wheel thing started to get bigger brake rotors on the cars of the 80's and 90's, but it seems to have kind of taken on a stylistic thing these days.

I'm in no way serious.

My Jeep has 17" wheels already, but it also has 265/70/17 tires.

Plenty of sidewall.

I'm actually planning to lift it a few inches and put taller and wider tires on it.

I mean, it is a Jeep, after all.

I'm in no way serious.

My Jeep has 17" wheels already, but it also has 265/70/17 tires.

Plenty of sidewall.

I'm actually planning to lift it a few inches and put taller and wider tires on it.

I mean, it is a Jeep, after all.

Yeah, I figured you were kidding, as no sane person would do that to a Jeep.

I saw that same set of wheels on a very new, black S Class Mercedes last week and it made me almost violently disgusted. I had a moment...

An OGG moment.

I had to ask the spirit of sensei Miyagi for tranquility.

Back