What Internet Sites Do You Read For Music Reviews and Interviews?

I feel bad saying this since I do make a living in music but read any of that stuff any more...I still enjoy playing music immensely but the music "fan" in me has died somewhat...

As I listen to more and more music, I get more and more bored with new releases. All you have to do is make it the record store once every couple of months to hear the new releases on the listening stations, and (from my perspective) you quickly come to the conclusion that even the so-called indie bands are all ripping each other off. I mean, the Cold War Kids become modestly popular, and all of the sudden, everything sounds like Dr. Dog, Okervill River, The Thrills, etc. The drill seems to be: apply the formula, get critical praise, get popular, profit. So, reading criticism about this stuff gets a bit tedious. A bit more tedious than even listening to it all.

Still, I like to read, and it's useful to some idea of what's out there. So, I press on.

I just checked out daytrotter, looks like a cool site with some interesting music to listen to.

thanks

I don't even buy much new music anymore, though. The last "fan" type purchase I made was the new Counting Crows because I am fanatical about them but the rest of my iTunes purchases are more "catalog building" for my students.

We also get Rolling Stone for our waiting room and I can't bear to read that even.

I think this means I'm getting old. :(

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS >:(

(sorry...that just slipped out :grin:)

The only place I even semi frequent is a blog/art/culture website called The Rabbit Room (www.rabbitroom.com). But before you check it out be warned - it is a 'Christian' site, though you can throw out you pre-conceptions - it's better than you might think it would be...

hobo uncle sam said:
I just checked out daytrotter, looks like a cool site with some interesting music to listen to.

thanks

Yer welcome. The guy who runs that site has a pretty neat studio.

denverdave said:
The only place I even semi frequent is a blog/art/culture website called The Rabbit Room (www.rabbitroom.com). But before you check it out be warned - it is a 'Christian' site, though you can throw out you pre-conceptions - it's better than you might think it would be...

I don't know that I would have any pre-conceptions. Most of my Christian musician friends are amazingly smart and talented, and they like pretty diverse stuff. I'm also a Christian, by the way. I'm a bit of a backslider though.

Cheese Grits said:
I don't know that I would have any pre-conceptions. Most of my Christian musician friends are amazingly smart and talented, and they like pretty diverse stuff. I'm also a Christian, by the way. I'm a bit of a backslider though.

heathen.... ;D

markwein said:
I feel bad saying this since I do make a living in music but read any of that stuff any more...I still enjoy playing music immensely but the music "fan" in me has died somewhat...

it might have been that soy turd you ate that killed it :embarrassed:

thredlok said:
markwein said:

it might have been that soy turd you ate that killed it :embarrassed:

facepalm.gif

denverdave said:
Cheese Grits said:

heathen.... ;D

[youtube]DJa-WD_HR9Q[/youtube]

;D

Back