What If Flamencology Were Sammy Hagar Fan?

Is anybody really a Sammy Hagar fan? I assumed he just did ambush concerts while people are trying to eat at his crappy restaurants.

Standing Hampton was a great record. As was 5150 even with its lyrical ham-fistedness. Everything else, not so much.

Standing Hampton was a great record. As was 5150 even with its lyrical ham-fistedness. Everything else, not so much.

I've noticed you have a lot of issues with lyrics. You must hate Steely Dan. Pro Tip: Lyrics don't need to make sense. It's simply phonetic garnish for the song. Hope this helps.

I've noticed you have a lot of issues with lyrics. You must hate Steely Dan. Pro Tip: Lyrics don't need to make sense. It's simply phonetic garnish for the song. Hope this helps.
I agree with his dislike of Sammy's lyrics, but do enjoy Steely Dan lyrics.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

I don't really understand the Hagar hate. And I say that as someone who really dislikes pretty much every VanHagar song short of Humans Being and Poundcake. I equate the Van Hagar years as the "Eddie's tone sounds like shrill ass" eras....

But Hagar on his own is pure rock and roll. Standing Hampton and 3 Lock Box are fantastic records. Throw in HSAS and Montrose and it's completely over the top. I even like Chickenfoot... I only dislike the combination of Hagar and Eddie.

His Cabo Wabo band is honestly one of the main reasons that made me think that I could make the transition from ex-rocker to island/reggae/rocker. :baimun:

That's the worst compliment a musician could possibly receive. It's the equivalent of "you've got a great face for radio".

He's written hit songs for himself and other people, and there's a reason why they call it showBUSINESS. There's a lot of artsy-fartsy broke ass mofos out there, but Hagar ain't one.

Back