What do you guys think of this guitar demo I just did?

Very, very nice. I need to get a camera set-up like; I've tried to shoot a few demos and I'm never happy with the video quality.

The demo is killer as is so no worries. :)
Thanks!

I added some pictures to show how I recorded it, a bunch of Shawns pics from the day it was delivered and I did a title page with your headstock logo to make it look more "pro". I don't think I'll redo this one but I know what I need to do better next time. When I get the 440 back I'll do videos like this for it and the 454.

Sounds good!

I really dig the cleaner sounds you get from that setup.
Whats funny is that the amp has a great crunch sound that I can never use on gigs....I usually have it on the clean sound (gain on about 3) and then pedal in the rest of my dirt so that I have the clean sound and then can get the other 3 overdrive/dirt sounds I use at a volume appropriate for the venue. I was telling my class Thuesday night that my dream rig would be running this for my crunch and the Holland for my cleans with an A/B box.

Enjoyed that though I can't tell what %age of the sound is the guitar/amp/player :shrug:

Only thing I would say I didn't like that much was when you held the guitar up at the beginning (and muffled your voice)....but that's small potatoes :wink:

You can hear the guitar on second one better because there is no ambiance. Strangely enough, the first one gives you the sound of a live room.

You can hear the guitar on second one better because there is no ambiance. Strangely enough, the first one gives you the sound of a live room.
True, but you could also hear the strings acoustically. :embarrassed:

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

True, but you could also hear the strings acoustically. :embarrassed:

Yeah... The first video has a composite sound of the amp in the hallway and the guitar in the big room. It's actually kinda neat but not an accurate depiction of what the guitar sounds like in person.

Yeah... The first video has a composite sound of the amp in the hallway and the guitar in the big room. It's actually kinda neat but not an accurate depiction of what the guitar sounds like in person.

The strange part though is that from a players perspective, I would be hearing the strings since I am playing the guitar - first video. The second recording would give you the true recorded sound. Depending on what the user wants to hear is the tougher angle. If the sale is for the guitar and/or pickups is in question, the second video is the clear choice.

The strange part though is that from a players perspective, I would be hearing the strings since I am playing the guitar - first video. The second recording would give you the true recorded sound. Depending on what the user wants to hear is the tougher angle. If the sale is for the guitar and/or pickups is in question, the second video is the clear choice.

Yeah...I think that for a video like this you need to hear the instrument, not the room.

Yeah...I think that for a video like this you need to hear the instrument, not the room.
Or double mic it for a little ambiance. That's how I like to record. An SM57 up close and another mic a few feet away.

ok...here is the finished video:

what's this stripe?
weinervideo.png

ok...here is just the guitar mic:

I need to work on getting a sound I think...

I'm impressed. That sounds great.
You know, I've always been curious about the Lace Hemi pickups. Glad I finally got to hear a decent recording.

A good demo has:
A. Decent audio/video.
Check
B. Informative but minimal commentary.
Check
C. A good demonstration of the guitar's range.
Check
D. A redhead with big boobs.
Fail

Three out of four ain't bad.

I'm impressed. That sounds great.
You know, I've always been curious about the Lace Hemi pickups. Glad I finally got to hear a decent recording.

A good demo has:
A. Decent audio/video.
Check
B. Informative but minimal commentary.
Check
C. A good demonstration of the guitar's range.
Check
D. A redhead with big boobs.
Fail

Three out of four ain't bad.
:grin:

Thanks. Sorry about the redhead. Mrs W won't OK the invoice.

Back