What do you guys think of this guitar demo I just did?

My only complaint is that you need to kill your vocal mic in the mix while playing. Is there any way to do that with your setup?

My only complaint is that you need to kill your vocal mic in the mix while playing. Is there any way to do that with your setup?
Yeah. I had a lavalier mic on but it sounded like shit so the vocal mix is the camera. I should just bring the volume down in Final cut

Yeah. I had a lavalier mic on but it sounded like shit so the vocal mix is the camera. I should just bring the volume down in Final cut
What kind of lav?

Having never done video editing... Does FC have audio mixing automation? Like can you program it to just mute one channel when the other has sufficient amplitude?

Being that the devil is in the details (ohhh.did you see what I did there? sooo smoooth) what amp. pedals, strings, picks, and deodorant were in use during that video?

Seriously, It was really good. Nicely lit..great sound and talent. I would have liked to know what amp was used as a YMMV sort of thing.

What kind of lav?

Having never done video editing... Does FC have audio mixing automation? Like can you program it to just mute one channel when the other has sufficient amplitude?

Its an Audio Technica mic. I'm uploading a version where I mute the camera mic where I can....I think I'll need to shoot this again but plan out speaking vs. playing. I even had the amp in the hallway with the door closed pointing the other direction but the guitar itself is pretty loud acoustically.
Being that the devil is in the details (ohhh.did you see what I did there? sooo smoooth) what amp. pedals, strings, picks, and deodorant were in use during that video?

Seriously, It was really good. Nicely lit..great sound and talent. I would have liked to know what amp was used as a YMMV sort of thing.

I think I mentioned the amp. I should have taken pictures of it though and shown the settings. My mic placement sucked on this too now that I've redone the video. I'll post the "fixed" version when its done.

What kind of lav?

Its an Audio Technica mic. I'm uploading a version where I mute the camera mic where I can....I think I'll need to shoot this again but plan out speaking vs. playing. I even had the amp in the hallway with the door closed pointing the other direction but the guitar itself is pretty loud acoustically.

I think I mentioned the amp. I should have taken pictures of it though and shown the settings. My mic placement sucked on this too now that I've redone the video. I'll post the "fixed" version when its done.

Kill switch- Randy Rhoads did some very cool kill switch sounds, just using a les paul type of thing- 3 way switch, 2 humbuckers, maybe in the Jackson V thing he had made for him.

Detecting a slight volume drop in the middle quack sound for some reason. Maybe I'm just retarded though.

It seems to have a much snappier sounding bridge pickup than some others,yet still possesses a humbucker tone & compression to it- great tonal range could be had, if the tone control is responsive enough!

W/the gain on 7, I really like the tonal range between the neck & bridge pickup-real wide range.

With the cam mic muted that sounds really good, now. :thu:

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

Second video sounds great. I'd say you have it all dialed in well.
and
The McFeely sounds incredible! I looked up the Lace Hemi humbuckers and also found they come in Nitro Hemi steam punk! :embarrassed: They're a bit over hot for me though.
Steampunk-Nitro-Hemi-Set.jpg

Steampunk Nitro Hemi Neck
  • Resistance: 15.8k
  • Peak Frequency: 2750
  • Inductance: 3.5 henries
Steampunk Nitro Hemi Bridge
  • Resistance: 19.0k
  • Peak Frequency: 2600
  • Inductance: 4.6 henries

Second video sounds great. I'd say you have it all dialed in well.
and
The McFeely sounds incredible! I looked up the Lace Hemi humbuckers and also found they come in Nitro Hemi steam punk! :embarrassed: They're a bit over hot for me though.
Steampunk-Nitro-Hemi-Set.jpg

Steampunk Nitro Hemi Neck
  • Resistance: 15.8k
  • Peak Frequency: 2750
  • Inductance: 3.5 henries
Steampunk Nitro Hemi Bridge
  • Resistance: 19.0k
  • Peak Frequency: 2600
  • Inductance: 4.6 henries
They'll make you those for any of their pickups or I'll trade you pickups and use my covers

Reactions: Tig
There's push pulls on the volume and tone that do a pretty good single coil sound. :thu:
Crap. I didn't even realize those were there.

I just got done editing the video to include some other details...the HD version will be online in a few hours.

Back