What do you feed your dogs?

Alex W

Pork and Beans connoisseur
I see there is a class action lawsuit against Purina Beneful for making dogs sick and I was just curious what you peoples are feeding your dogs. Our puppy is on puppy chow just because that is what he was being fed from birth. Looking for a food that isn't garbage, and doesn't cost as much as a side of beef (considering this is a great dane). Thinking of trying out Diamond brand food. Thoughts?

Our dog does best on grain free food. The best one we've found for his coat and digestive health is Nutri Source. I wouldn't feed him anything but good quality food.
nsgfseafood.jpg

I was going to type out a well thought out comment..But I think this says it best...

It cost me a shit load of vet bills to get here...

Actually this week my wife tried the Beneful fresh dog food for Jack (which is not what is being recalled) because he had gotten bored with his prior food. For a long time we few him raw ground beef and vegetables with a quality dry food underneath.

Actually this week my wife tried the Beneful fresh dog food for Jack (which is not what is being recalled) because he had gotten bored with his prior food. For a long time we few him raw ground beef and vegetables with a quality dry food underneath.
And a few salesmen thrown in for flavor?

Reactions: Tig
Purina Beneful, or whatever "pretty good quality" stuff is on sale. I dunno, dog seems to like it, it's supposed to be good for him. I did see that in the news, but not sure how much faith I put in that.
Some pet owners are fucking crazy and dogs do get sick and die (just like people do).
I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to the food vs. people's want/need to blame somebody else for unfortunate shit happening to them.

A few years ago I remember there was a bad batch of generic dog food that came out of China that had melamine in it (or some such shit), and that DID cause some dog deaths, but 1.) don't feed your dog the cheapest shit that you can find that comes from China. 2.) I find it hard to believe that Purina would have the same issues that the Cheap-O Chinese dog food had.

Right now, I am looking at a bag of Pedigree "Active" and Dexter seems to be as ornery as ever.....so.....

Earthborn, then Fromm, now they are on hills metabolic weight loss. I need to transition them back to something besides hills since they are all down to their proper weight.

OK, here's a place to start from the dog food adviser website:
Budget-Friendly Dog Foods That Are Also Editor’s Choice Brands
Dr. Tim’s Dog Food (Dry)
Dr. Tim’s Grain Free Dog Food (Dry)
Eagle Pack Dog Food (Dry)
Fromm Gold Dog Food (Dry)
Horizon Complete (Dry)
Pulsar Dog Food (Dry)
Whole Earth Farms (Dry)
Whole Earth Farms Grain Free (Dry)

I want to go off on a tangent and advise against feeding tv dinner food to your pets but I won't because I know I'm barking up the wrong tree...

Back