What do the MWGL stoner rock fans think of Blood Ceremony?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
They have flutes & female vocals, which sounds like a recipe for Jbird bad fantasy metal.

But they are really much more like The Sword, or that kinda thing, from what I've heard listening to a couple of tunes.

Anyone here like them, and if so, which disc should one start out with?

I believe Señor Motorik was a fan back in the HCGJ days. Never really did much for me. (neither did The Sword, for that matter)

They're alright but I don't really listen to them much at all.
I have a friend that loves them and always pushing them on me.

I believe Señor Motorik was a fan back in the HCGJ days. Never really did much for me. (neither did The Sword, for that matter)
I'm not a swordhead :embarrassed: nor have I kept up with them but that first album rawked, great vocals on it.

They are pretty good, but after The Devil's Blood, Jex Thoth, Jess & the Ancient Ones, Serpent Throne, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Ghost, Witchcraft, Witch King, Black Oath, Hour of 13, how many more occult psychedelic rock does the world really need?

I just had to look up stoner rock and the bands classified as such. The sub-genres/labels for music are way out of control. There's just way too much need to define everything in art, instead of just letting it exist.

Now I will listen to the band to make a real contribution (or not) to this thread. :Wave:

They are pretty good, but after The Devil's Blood, Jex Thoth, Jess & the Ancient Ones, Serpent Throne, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Ghost, Witchcraft, Witch King, Black Oath, Hour of 13, how many more occult psychedelic rock does the world really need?

This.

I really love that sound, but it does get a bit samey, and the bong is full.

A Nuggets style box compilation of these sort of bands would be really cool.

This.

I really love that sound, but it does get a bit samey, and the bong is full.

A Nuggets style box compilation of these sort of bands would be really cool.

CA13ACLUcAAjy9R.jpg

So I saw them live last night and to be honest was a little disappointed. Singer/keyboardist/flautist front woman was great and very 'witchy'. And the bass player is a beast, but the drummer and guitarist weren't really good enough. The guitar tone was pretty awful. Really high and screechy. I guess he was trying to stay out of the way of the keyboards and singers vocal range but he ended up with no bottom end at all. There was plenty of space to add a bit of growl without getting the way of the bass. The drumming was pretty bland. My friend who had never heard of them before put it well, they were too nice. A bit more aggression from the drums and growl from the guitar would have gone a long way.

Don't get me wrong, they were fine, just not great. Siena Root on the other hand were amazing. Other highlights of my Desertfest weekend were Asteroid, Monomyth, Necro Deathmort, Elder and a new band called Mondo Drag. Check them out if you're looking for a 70's rock fix.

Back