What dish have you been wanting for awhile?

parrotheada1a

Resident Pitmaster
This gave me an idea from the 'favorite food' thread. Lately I've been hankering for some stuffed cabbage. I make a tweaked version of my grandmother's recipe that is insanely good. Her version had a very thick beef gravy made with a lard roux. Very easy to burn the bottom of the pot, and that just ruins the whole damn batch. My aunt made it with canned stewed tomatoes and just beef stock. It's more like soup than gravy, but jeebus is it tasty. Much better on the digestion and you don't have to babysit the pot unless it gets to a rolling boil. This isn't something you make more than once or twice a year, simply because of all the prep work involved. I try to find BIG heads of cabbage, because the leaves shrink in size as you get towards the center. Making real small ones are a huge PITA, they often fall apart. I usually just put any leftover cabbage into the pot and eat it with the other veggies that go in.

Thread does not deliver. Here was my instant response to the title:
amy-adams-hot-noscale.jpg

I've actually wanted a good fettucine alfredo. Pretty much anything pasta right now... craving has been getting really bad lately. :(

I have never been an adventurous eater, but the more I watch things like Top Chef I find myself getting more and more curious about much of the gourmet dishes you see on those shows...what I really want to do is go to one of the better restaurants and do a tasting menu...

I killed a chili dog craving but good earlier this summer. Nothing has risen to take its place as of yet.

Had some Foul Mdammas last week for the first time. One of the best food items I've ever eaten.

We have company from Turkey, so we've been eating pretty good lately and trying to cover all bases.

I guess a good homemade beef stew, since raw beef was taboo in our household forf so long. (long painful story)

Gotta do that again.

Back