What Did You Do Before The Internet Came Along?

Visit music stores more as well as hobby shops. Some of those mom and pop shops are gone now. Waited for the weekly recycler to see who is selling what as well as looking for bands to gig with. I don't believe I played anymore or any less on the average. I also spent more time with our son as he was between the ages of 1 and 5.

I have been on the internet since long before it was known as such.

All the way back to 1981 using a Ti-99/4A and an acoustic coupling modem. ..

Reading, TV, guitar.......I've been on the net in one form or another since about 1986 though.....back when 'the thing' were text based bulletin boards.

I was in high school, with a town that barely had internet access. I did a lot of outdoors stuff - hiking, fishing, skiing, more hiking. I would get home from school, drop my backpack inside the door, and be back sometime around dark. Also enjoyed such classic video games such as Commander Keene, Wolfenstein 3D, and EGA Trek.

I have been on the internet since long before it was known as such.

All the way back to 1981 using a Ti-99/4A and an acoustic coupling modem. ..

BBS? Weren't those the days?
bbs.png

bbs8.png

I had Prodigy pre-Internet and then I ran my own BBS starting at the age of 13 (1993). I used to spend a lot of time participating in the FIDOnet GUITAR echo with Gary Gilmore, Jeff Vineburg (of Nuclear Fish out of Philthadelphia), Mark Duncan from the Fender Custom Shop (then going by Duncan Markley), Tom Engel, and Rich Lockyer.

I ran my own bbs for over 15 years and before that actually was on a proto-internet type setup ran by the state department of education in minnesota.

Sometimes watched tv knowing that one day I would be able to talk to the people on the screen.....

I learned how to use the Dewey decimal system.

I mastered the microfiche.

I spent hours and hours perusing catalogues, especially books, music, movies, and toys.

Back