What are your thoughts?

Prages

User Error
On the fact that you can now buy an American made PRS S2 cheaper than a new American Standard Strat or Les Paul Studio?

It is pretty odd to me. I bought my first American Standard Strat back in '94 (I think, it had the 40th anniversary logo on it so what ever year that was) for $450 new with a case. I know there is inflation and everything, but you would think manufacturing techniques and competition would keep the prices down.

When the S2's came out, we were worried that their value would drop dramatically. I haven't seen many used S2's go up for sale so I don't know if that happened or not.

Last edited:
I really hadn't thought about it...

*Google*

BOOOIIIOIOIOIOINNNGG!

prs_s2_starla_sienna_01.jpg

It tells me that the quality gap between American and offshore guitars has closed and the price gap hasn't.

Very hot. I just wish more models came with dots instead of birds. Lets see how long the prices stay where they are. I believe they did a similar thing with the Starla and Mira when they came out and those prices rose really quickly.

Very hot. I just wish more models came with dots instead of birds. Lets see how long the prices stay where they are. I believe they did a similar thing with the Starla and Mira when they came out and those prices rose really quickly.
Yes and no. They were simplified designs, so certainly a precursor to the S2 line in some ways, but they still used all of the high-end USA appointments. These have different pickups, hardware (in some cases), different design processes, etc., as opposed to a stripped-down version of their core line.

I would not want a PRS even if they were giving them away free on the side of the road.

I can't name a guitar company that I wouldn't take free guitars from. Yes, there are plenty of models from most manufacturers that I think look horrible and others that don't feel/play or sound the way I like, but I know I could find something. Your unwavering commitment to despising PRS guitars is commendable...maybe...

I would not want a PRS even if they were giving them away free on the side of the road.

That's odd.

When I was a teenager, my dream was to someday own a Gibson Les Paul.

When I was about to graduate from high school, my parents told me they'd buy me a Les Paul. We went guitar shopping. I tried a few Les Pauls. Then I tried a PRS CE24. I left the store with the PRS. It was night and day better than any Les Paul in the store. No contest, really.

It's still a great guitar, though I've grown to dislike the wide/thin neck on it.

I can't name a guitar company that I wouldn't take free guitars from. Yes, there are plenty of models from most manufacturers that I think look horrible and others that don't feel/play or sound the way I like, but I know I could find something. Your unwavering commitment to despising PRS guitars is commendable...maybe...

I actually wish that I would find one model that PRS makes that I could say "Hey... I like this and I would play this live or in the studio". I really do.

Back