What are you working on this week?

Too much. :)

A friend asked me to help back up her group on a couple of songs for a Xmas show she puts on, so I am learning the guitar part for Merry Christmas Baby (Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton version), mandolin for O Come All Ye Faithful. Plus, she offered to let my wife and I do a song, so being the over-achiever that I am, I am learning this version of Let It Snow. Lots of fun and I am learning new jazz chord shapes.

Plus, I am learning this song for voice lessons and open mic soon.

Working on.png

Songs the band is working on at the moment. Getting next to no time to actually pick up a guitar and play through them but at least I can listen to them at work to get familiar with them.

Trying to solidify "How High The Moon" and started "Rhythm Changes".

Also need to learn a bunch of other tunes as well as relearn gig material.

lol.

I'm still trying to listen better. In spite of the twerking grannies and other carnage on my Saturday gig I've seen some progress in my playing.

Some bad 80's pop for a private party on Friday. Think bad 80's duets where they threw together a male and female vocalist who had other hits on their own. Blech.

Trying to sing better.
Trying to move through the cycle of fifths each week for my technique exercises, this week it's Dbmaj\Bbmin.
Oh, and the opening\verse to Red Barchetta.

Finding time to get my fingers/hands back in shape after my long hiatus. 3 kids (one only 3 months old), work, mother in law living here, and the holidays aren't being very cooperative. Hell, just finding a PLACE to play is near impossible lately.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dobro stuff:
chord shapes in open tunings. slide intonation. percussive picking to optimize the dobro punch.

Back