What are you practicing this week?

Highernoon

Burninator
My main goal will be actually picking up the guitar, as thanks to a new job I hardly touched the guitar, surely didn't practice, in the last 2 weeks.

The Dm chord on the banjo. I use that chord once a year for the church's Celtic Music service and have to relearn it every year. :grin:

:lol:

Technique, new scales, new patterns? (Something else I forgot\did not think about?)
A little of all. Some of it is just running patterns through scales I already know but trying to apply some of the concepts I'm reading about in the "Inner Book of Tennis".

Mostly songs for my upcoming solo acoustic sets. Introducing some new material as I love to change it up.

Also working on the American Songbook tunes (20 tunes so far). This includes melody on guitar, lyrics, harmony and improvising. Eventually I will move towards chord melody with this as well.

Been always working on altered/wholetone/dim over V chords and resolving to the I's. Slowly it is becoming natural - and I mean slowly. Trying to see it visually as well as audibly.

Back