What are you listening to this week?

That was incredible. The interplay is just...out of this world. I am convinced Guthrie is an alien

Indeed. Scary thing is that solo is pretty much all improvisation. :eek:
Have seen/heard several versions of that song and the solo is never the same on it. :embarrassed:

Think there's a few bars in there I could maybe pull off. :grin:

Wildflowers by Tom Petty. I love the title track.
51r7ySi3G3L._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

I was playing "You Wreck Me" on guitar all day yesterday. So easy and fun.

Listening again to "Supernature" by Goldfrapp. Nearly every song resonates with me. Why don't we in the US know about Goldfrapp. Incredible vocalist and song writer.

Brian Setzer - Rockabilly Riot! All Original
Pure rockabilly without the big band. A bit campy at times and not as good as Rockabilly Riot! Live from the Planet, but Setzer fans should still like it.

brian-setzer-rockabilly-riot-artwork2-.jpg

Listening again to "Supernature" by Goldfrapp. Nearly every song resonates with me. Why don't we in the US know about Goldfrapp. Incredible vocalist and song writer.

I celebrate their entire catalog. Well, maybe not Seventh Tree. I thought that one was a bit of a snooze.

With the deaths of those well known to all of us, lately, it really made me appreciate those that are still around. Geezer Butler- one of my favourite bassists, & the legendary Tony Iommi ( who got me started playing guitar wayyyy back in 1987 when I learned ELECTRIC FUNERAL- the very first song I ever learned.

I was taking lessons at the Ontario Conservatory of Music at the time- it was a fun combination for me- Polly Wolly Doodle at the conservatory, then Black fucking Sabbath & Metallica & Iron Maiden & Rush, when I got home. For at least 3 hours every day, it was a concert for me,my family & all the neighbors in our apartment. It was LOUD. I loved it so much- still do. I can't stand volume wimps. I had a good stereo system, & a Fender Super Reverb amplifier (that's a really loud 45 watts:grin:), & enough god given talent to figure out anything I wanted to. I was lucky, we never had a single complaint to us in our apartment building, about the fact that i made the walls & windows rattle every day.

Doesn't feel like nostalgia now, just a very vital, living presence.

It got me through my teenage years, & although my horizons have been expanded infinitely since then, I still love music so loud it just hits you in the chest & you feel the air move.

Catherine MacLellan - The Raven’s Sun

and
Robert Plant - Lullaby... and the Ceaseless Roar
Robert_Plant_Lullaby_and_the_Ceaseless_Roar_cover.jpg

Back