What are you listening to this week?

Where are you guys getting all this music I've never heard of? I gotta branch out a little. I'm stuck in the classic rock era,just the main heavy hitters everyone knows.

Where are you guys getting all this music I've never heard of? I gotta branch out a little. I'm stuck in the classic rock era,just the main heavy hitters everyone knows.

Myself I'm mainly a prog rock, classic metal and pop nerd. :embarrassed:

One thing I often do is click the related videos when on youtube (or the equivalent on spotify or similar apps). You sometimes discover a few gems like that. :)

Some stuff I get from an Apple iPad app, Band of the Day, other stuff is from NoDepression.com's email newsletter, and sometimes I'm looking at an album of someone I like while on Amazon and the "You might also like" suggestions get a quick listen.

Last night was Manfred Mann's Earth Band-"Solar Fire" and Steppenwolf "Monster" on vinyl. A well spent night's listening.

Jon Batiste and Stay Human - Social Music
51gUS4%2B7z8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Transatlantic - SMPTe
transatlantic_smpte.jpg

Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever
cover_5559819112009.jpg

I won the crash test dummies CD from a radio station when it came out.

Even free was too expensive. Awful to my ears, just awful.

Right now, listening to DEVO.

EP from a new (to me) group, Paris Monster. Josh Dion is one of the funkiest mofos around. Definitely one of the best drummer/frontmen I've ever seen perform. He's always been into funk/jazz/R&B, but this EP is out there with all kinds of synths and weirdness.

Back