What are you listening to this week?

Today- Faith No More:Angel Dust, Live: a greatest hits that I put together, and Chris Whitley: War Crime Blues

Just picked up the Italian power/prog metal band Secret Sphere's latest (2012) album 'Portrait Of A Dying Heart'

Very Evergrey-meets-Symphony X...excellent music/guitar riffs. The singer has a fairly heavy accent, but a good voice.

One of the songs even sounds very Gus G.-ish with a lot of squeal-harmonics, pretty rockin' :rawk:

At the moment:

511kl1V66AL.jpg

I am listening to the gentle flapping of waves hitting the shore line as boats and jet skis cruise the Gulf of Mexico.

I just put a mic in my window and recorded thunder with rain starting to fall.
I've been working on this. My brother's playing guitar and I'm taking the lead on mando. He's done w/ his part, mine needs a few more hours.

Faith No More: Album of the Year, QOTS:Like Clockwork, Thomas Blug:??, and Sarah Mclachlan: Shine On

Today I am listening to some Sonic Youth. I couldn't decide on an album so I went with Hits are for Squares.

Started the morning listening to Big Head Todd and the Monsters' Beautiful World disc (the second half that I'd started during lunch on Saturday) and then finished the commute listening to Peter Gabriel's Security followed by Up. Peter is one of the my favorite artists, especially his solo stuff.

The YES Album
Remixed and expanded by Steven Wilson, we get to clearly hear every note and nuance. Wow!
image011.gif

Ad-Rock-01.jpg

Regina Spektor (mad love for her music), Soundgarden, Sarah McLachlan, Sam Phillips, Red Hot Chili Peppers...I whimsically hop around on the iPod during my commute or settle on albums. Right now I feel the need to listen to some jazz of the hard bop variety, so I'll start with some Coltrane.

Back to Pink Floyd. Damn they were good. I am now listening to some old ones I haven't listened too in decades. Spotify rules.

Here's my haul from the used record store yesterday:

Carlos Montoya
Julian Bream
John Williams
Jerry Reed
Chet Atkins
Joni Mitchell
Elton John
Rosanne Cash
Leo Kottke
Marshall Crenshaw
Pete Townshend & Ronnie Lane
Thin Lizzy
Steve Winwood
Laurie Anderson
The Bears (Adrian Belew)
Ry Cooder
Bruce Cockburn
Dire Straits
Joe Jackson
Jim Croce
Rickie Lee Jones
Guadalcanal Diary

DSC_0130.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my haul from the used record store yesterday:

Carlos Montoya
Julian Bream
John Williams
Jerry Reed
Chet Atkins
Joni Mitchell
Elton John
Rosanne Cash
Leo Kottke
Marshall Crenshaw
Thin Lizzy
Steve Winwood
Laurie Anderson
The Bears (Adrian Belew)
Ry Cooder
Bruce Cockburn
Dire Straits
Joe Jackson
Jim Croce
Rickie Lee Jones
Guadalcanal Diary

DSC_0130.jpg

And what a haul that is! :thu:

That Bears album is a way underappreciated classic IMO.

Back