What are you listening to this week?

I'm still all over the place. The Cult: Love, Trivium: In Waves, and Pearl Jam: Lightning Bolt so far today.

Kicking Up Cinders - About Belonging
a1285936313_10.jpg

Steve Earle - Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator (Live 1991)
51%2B8eDYVheL.jpg

Heard a track by Nick Capaldi on a recent MOJO magazine CD, and it got me interested in tracking down his "Golden Summer" EP. Some very catchy powerpop, if you're into that sort of thing.

Don't flame me-but I'm listening to Kiss. Trying to learn "Cold Gin". I liked a lot of their stuff up until " Animalize".

Allan Holdsworth- Tokyo 1984.

Also listening Sixteen Men of Tain Lately- I hear a greatly advanced harmonic approach these days, compared to the 1984 Tokyo show (is that even a valid comparison?). Love his phrasing then, & now though.

Ultra melodic, as always, & Chad Wackerman is the perfect drummer for his style- Jazz, but able to bring some rock dynamics, rhythmic decisiveness in his approach. His Bassists...well, they are a force unto themselves!

I know there is a forumite here who knows him- how is he these days?
I read that he is unwell.:(

Last edited:
HEY!!!

Someone just said two words together, which conjure such spirits of wonderment....

"new" + "Opeth"

tell me of this...

Currently listening to Pink Floyd's Pulse. Probably inspired by the recent internet debates on whether the new album is really a Floyd album or not as it doesn't have Waters (or Barrett for that matter) on it. My opinion, if it has Dave Gilmour playing guitar on it I'm happy whatever the band is called.

HEY!!!

Someone just said two words together, which conjure such spirits of wonderment....

"new" + "Opeth"

tell me of this...
The song sounds like it came off Heritage, but in a good way, if you are 'meh' about that album as am I. Akerfeldt promises the new album to be more rockin' and less of the multi-textured sonic landscape that was Heritage.

It has all gone terribly wrong! All of my music is on the computer thingy which plugs into speakers via an amplificator. Said amplificator is almost forty years old and has just given up the ghost; I am forced, if I want to hear music, to listen to my own gruesome playing. Aaaarrrggggghhhh!

Still this. :cry:

My opinion, if it has Dave Gilmour playing guitar on it I'm happy whatever the band is called.
For reasons I cannot explain, I would prefer to see them use a different name, but, yeah... I'll listen to Gilmour all day long.

Back