What are you listening to this week?

Been listening to Wilco, Alpha Mike Foxtrot, focusing right now on the second disc, from the 90's. I did not really listen to Wilco then, and was not familiar with that work. Enjoying it! Has some The Replacements vibe going now and then.
I really like that set. I love hearing the alternate versions of the songs. It really demonstrates how into the writing process they are.

image.jpg

I'm listening to all the David Bowie studio albums in order. I'm up to Scary Monsters.

I haven't done this with Bowie (don't have enough of his stuff), but this is generally a fun experience with any artist. It's cool to hear the growth, ch-ch-changes, almost self parody, and undoubtedly self-reflection that seems to come around...if an artist has been around for a few decades.

I also just listened to Young Ejecta's The Planet EP...quite good for something lacking acoustic or stringed instruments. I'm not sure how to process enjoying something that falls within the realm of electronic music...

Is this officially out yet? I meant to donate to their kickstarter-esque thing, but it closed the day before I went to buy a "package".

I am not sure. I would think they would release it on iTunes....I did do the kickstarter thing. But they did release the CD to the kickstarter donors. Not sure when it goes out to the general public.

Last edited:
I am not sure. I would think they would release it on iTunes....I did do the kickstarter thing.

I checked iTunes and Amazon, nothing. They're not even selling it on their site yet. I guess the initial focus is on supplying the initial pledged demand, so I'll have to wait.

Oh well.

Tonight, this:

What an absolutely fantastic concert. Shame there's no actual video.
As a band I doubt they were ever better than that tour.

Back