What are you listening to this week?

Allison Moorer - Down To Believing
0999239428251.jpg

Still on the Steven Wilson album :embarrassed:

Damn....Guthrie's lead on Regret #9...wow. For such a technical player like him, that lead is refreshing. Gilmour would be proud of that one. :embarrassed:
Can't quite remember the last time I was this excited about a guitar solo lasting about 1:15. :embarrassed:

Can't find anything other than some guitar player on youtube doing a decent cover of it....

Reactions: Tig
Yes- Close to the Edge, Fragile, Relayer. Uriah Heap- Demons & Wizards, Magicians Birthday. Wes Montgomery- Blue note reissue. "He was the wizard of a thousand kings "

Tons of Peter Gabriel...every solo album through Us (except for the Passion album). I'm reading the Without Frontiers bio during my commute in the morning and afternoon (about an hour and a half each way) and have ben listening to the albums that correspond with the chapters or sections thereof. I did the same with the Genesis section, but I'm a couple shy of the having the Gabriel-era Genesis collection complete...no Trespass or Nursery Cryme. It has been awesome. Gabriel is one of those artist that resounds with me unlike any other.

Jeff Beck - Live +
http://www.amazon.com/Live-Jeff-Beck/dp/B00V3PF4UC
Jeff's new live album is incredible! I wasn't expecting this to be so good. How can the man keep getting better and remain so relevant? The sound engineering is likely the best I've ever heard on a live album, too. Adding vocalist Jimmy Hall for a few songs makes it an enjoyable album to everyone listen to and the band is spot on.
61-eSrfEG%2BL._SY355_.jpg

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
I'm enjoying this even more than the 2011 self titled album.
noel-gallagher.jpg

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
I'm enjoying this even more than the 2011 self titled album.
noel-gallagher.jpg

I just listened on Spotify. Pretty good. It doesn't really sound like Oasis. I know he sang on a few Oasis tunes, but his voice sounds very different than I remember it. I really only remember hearing him sing on that one MTV concert where his brother just didn't post and was up sitting in the balcony.

I found some bootlegs of a few shows I attended in Nashville, so I've been listeing to those:

• Ray Davies, Wildhorse Saloon, Nashville, 2008
  • Richard Thompson Trio, 3rd & Lindsley, Nashville, 2013
  • Jeff Beck, Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, 2011

Been listening to Wilco, Alpha Mike Foxtrot, focusing right now on the second disc, from the 90's. I did not really listen to Wilco then, and was not familiar with that work. Enjoying it! Has some The Replacements vibe going now and then.

Back