What are you listening to, right this minute, right this moment?

Saw Earl Klugh Wednesday night. One of the best bands I've ever seen. The entire band stayed after the show to sign CDs and talk. I've been listening to all their stuff since seeing them.

15a1b6505f236758085d31dd8da5a626.jpg
thenextchapter14s.jpg
513596QEVVL.jpg

i'm watching the website crash out for the last half an hour.....what the fuck
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i'm watching the website crash out for the last half an hour.....what the fuck
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say that I was watching it crash for the past 30 minutes but I did try to log in twice and it shut me down...So you're not alone..

I'm getting pumped for the final show...and have been soaking it in...

This beer commercial song has been stuck in my head for a while. I'm listening to the mp3 right now.

Last edited:
For some reason, I was compelled to cue up the REM discography on Spotify. I was a YUUUUUGE fan in High School, but parted ways with them around the time of "Shiny Happy People." Still, they were enormously influential in my formative years- it's not a stretch to say that Peter Buck is more or less responsible for the fact I play music (it's not all his fault, though).

So far it's been equal parts "ugh, what was I thinking?" and "wow, this really was good." I actually enjoyed the Live At The Olympia album (it doesn't hurt that it contains a healthy amount of IRS era songs), from a time that I had basically written them off.

This is funny/embarrassing - I'm spinning the new Chris Robinson Brotherhood LP. I was thinking the first track was really cool and spacey. And what's this? A guest vocalist with a rather deep voice...hmm.

Then when the second track started the same way, it finally dawned on me that the record is 45 rpm. :facepalm: :lol:

Anyway I really like the album so far, especially when played at the correct speed.

71fkgp1FoRL._SX522_.jpg

Jeff Leblanc opened for Boz Scaggs when we saw him last week. Great songwriter and singer, he played solo at the show. This is a really good album.
1024x1024.jpg

For some reason, I was compelled to cue up the REM discography on Spotify. I was a YUUUUUGE fan in High School, but parted ways with them around the time of "Shiny Happy People." Still, they were enormously influential in my formative years- it's not a stretch to say that Peter Buck is more or less responsible for the fact I play music (it's not all his fault, though).

So far it's been equal parts "ugh, what was I thinking?" and "wow, this really was good." I actually enjoyed the Live At The Olympia album (it doesn't hurt that it contains a healthy amount of IRS era songs), from a time that I had basically written them off.

I also am a huge REM fan. They only lost me with Up and Around the Sun. If you left them at Shinny Happy People, you should (if you haven't already) check out New Adventures in HiFi, their last disc with Bill Berry and the last 2 they released before breaking up Accelerate and Collapse Into Now. All three very good and can hang with the IRS releases. They played a ton of those songs on that live disc.

I also am a huge REM fan. They only lost me with Up and Around the Sun. If you left them at Shinny Happy People, you should (if you haven't already) check out New Adventures in HiFi, their last disc with Bill Berry and the last 2 they released before breaking up Accelerate and Collapse Into Now. All three very good and can hang with the IRS releases. They played a ton of those songs on that live disc.

I remember hearing New Adventures in HiFi when it came out, and couldn't remember a single thing about it as soon as the CD finished. It was all ambient sound with no actual songs. I'll check it out again, though. My take on Warners-era REM is that their overall quality went in the toilet (especially after Bill Berry was gone), but they were still capable of coming up with a good song or two on every album.

I started reading Trouble Boys this weekend so I'm binging The Replacements today.

I've found that the key to continuing to enjoy The Replacements' music is not to read books about them. I do enjoy a good sordid rock'n' roll tale, but their story is just sad.

I've found that the key to continuing to enjoy The Replacements' music is not to read books about them. I do enjoy a good sordid rock'n' roll tale, but their story is just sad.

I keep finding myself wanting to shake them and yell "What the fuck is wrong with you!?!"

Back