What are you listening to, right this minute, right this moment?

The new Paul Simon, again. It is amazing. When I'm that dude's age I hope to be utterly worthless, playing golf and drinking and tending my bird feeders. And this guy is making new music like he still cares or something.

And the 96/24 digital version sounds fantastic - reference quality.

The new Paul Simon, again. It is amazing. When I'm that dude's age I hope to be utterly worthless, playing golf and drinking and tending my bird feeders. And this guy is making new music like he still cares or something.

And the 96/24 digital version sounds fantastic - reference quality.

I heard the song "Wristband" on the hipster college station, pretty neato.

Here's something interesting I'm listening to right now- Jimi Hendrix ( "Jimmy James" at the time ) playing "Driving South" in 1965.

Last edited:
Now it's "Machine Gun" in Norman Oklahoma in 1970. Very cool intro & lead break in this version. I love how he's so loose & creative live, vs just playing everything the same every night. I would LOVE to have this version with better audio. Second in quality only to the Band of Gypsies version. Better than the Fillmore East versions.

It's like it's 1985 all over again!

While I'm sure that song isn't @OGG 's cup of tea, I'm sure he can appreciate getting all those '80s keys & drum sounds down. Will modern processors do all that, or do you need old gear?

Continuing my better-late-than-never education on early Pink Floyd, some Saucerful of Secrets

51VVI48So-L.jpg

My idea of Pink Floyd used to be like this:

blechy druggy boring early stuff --->DSOTM-WYWH-Animals (awesome)--->The Wall (meh)--->blechy new stuff (maybe not even real Floyd)

Now it's like this:

Cool interesting trippy old stuff--->cool stuff that I've heard too many times--->blechy new stuff (maybe not even real Floyd)

Last edited:
Back