What are you listening to, right this minute, right this moment?

I am in Boise for the weekend. Stopped at the Boise Record Exchange, and looked through used CD's. Found me some Miles Davis I didn't have, and 2 CD's from these guys, pre-grunge heroes of my youth.

Listening to this CD and enjoying this particular track right now.

Here is a live version of recent vintage. At one of Seattle's good old live music tavs.

@Chad wanted to make sure you saw this as I thought you might like it. it is a Young Fresh Fellows (seattle) song written by Scott McCaughey who later was in The Minus 5 from Portland, OR, and The Baseball Project and other Peter Buck and REM collaborations.

64b82046801767cfee59058a747a352f.jpg

One of the few jass albums that doesn't give me hives.

@Chad wanted to make sure you saw this as I thought you might like it. it is a Young Fresh Fellows (seattle) song written by Scott McCaughey who later was in The Minus 5 from Portland, OR, and The Baseball Project and other Peter Buck and REM collaborations.

Oh yeah. I'll be listening to it tomorrow. I am very familiar with Scott. I saw him open for Tweedy, love the Minus 5 (wilco was his backing band on Down with Wilco). I've never listened to the Young Fresh Fellows though even though they are mentioned in a They Might Be Giants tune. :grin:

Oh yeah. I'll be listening to it tomorrow. I am very familiar with Scott. I saw him open for Tweedy, love the Minus 5 (wilco was his backing band on Down with Wilco). I've never listened to the Young Fresh Fellows though even though they are mentioned in a They Might Be Giants tune. :grin:
Check them out on YouTube sometime. Quirky alt rock from Seattle prior to grunge.

Checking this out again. I have this on vinyl, from my purchase in '84, and pull it out and play it every once in a while.

And some more.

Another old one.

Lots of footage of The Tacoma Narrows bridge falling down, and a nod to the Mariners.

And a newer one.

Last edited:
This morning it is this:

13221341_10154255062707425_8992765098016763003_o.jpg

every week I'm trying to listen to 1-2 new albums before I get to school. I'm hopefully coming in as a junior and I'm trying to have as much of the music they were supposed to have learned in teh 1st two years under my belt. From the sounds of things most students don't bother with that either but I want to hit the ground running.

This morning it is this:

13221341_10154255062707425_8992765098016763003_o.jpg

every week I'm trying to listen to 1-2 new albums before I get to school. I'm hopefully coming in as a junior and I'm trying to have as much of the music they were supposed to have learned in teh 1st two years under my belt. From the sounds of things most students don't bother with that either but I want to hit the ground running.

One of my favorite albums. The title track is what made me go from appreciating jazz as an athletic exercise to loving it as music. Coltrane is one of my gods.

c47c9d4d86a266bec04e9ce1133546a10caa1b28.jpg

I still remember when it first came out. I immediately started playing I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine and All Along the Watchtower at coffeehouses. (I still prefer this version of Watchtower.)

Might be my favorite Dylan. :)
I remember that I loved both Times They Are A Changing and Highway 61 Revisited; I wasn't thrilled by Blonde on Blonde. When this came out it was so different from his recent stuff and had a lighter feel to it. I fell in love with it and it may be my favorite as well.

I still remember playing St. Augustine while wearing a green Nehru shirt with love beads. :hippie:

Back