WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of my regrets in life was seeing Lyle solo as a warm up act for Shake Russell/Dana Cooper in the early 80's while we were both students at Texas A&M. I thought it was a snoozefest at the time and didn't appreciate his songwriting and talent at the time. I haven't caught him live since. It was in the cellar of the MSC (@tiger roach will know what that is). I'm a big fan of his now. :thu:

I’ve never given this release enough attention, considering what a Straits- and Knopfler-head I am. This injustice ends today!

Dslogr.jpg

Probably my fave DS record. :thu:

That guy's trio plays almost every Wednesday at a little bar called Shakespeare's Pub a 5 minute drive from my office. Working at the same place for over 15 years, I've seen Tony there like 10 times. They fill that tiny space with a shit-ton of sound, and Tony is a hellacious Texas blues player in the vein of Smokin Joe Kubek.

i have several of his cd's :thu:
i got turned on to him by the song 'Fly' that i heard on a internet blues station. then i went out and started getting his cd's.
Trick or Treat is one of my fav's.

well.....to be fair, trower uses some blues licks, but his sound is pretty rock.
i saw him once in the 80's in a bar/club and he had TWO Marshall Majors behind him. loud isn't even close to what that was.

Trower plays a lot of heavy blues songs.

I've seen him twice here in Houston in the past decade (including this past May) and at 70+ years old that motherfucker is as good as he's ever been. Not even kidding.

If Trower ever plays within an hour of you GO FUCKING SEE HIM before he dies or stops touring. He is a treasure of blues-rock awesomeness.

Videos from the show:

For a 72 year old man, he kicks five straight miles of ass. Plus, he still has perhaps the best "guitar face" since SRV died.

Whole show: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0oz3aZg2QY6Jbly1QQCt0uyY-3H24QWM

Last edited:
Trower plays a lot of heavy blues songs.

I've seen him twice here in Houston in the past decade (including this past May) and at 70+ years old that motherfucker is as good as he's ever been. Not even kidding.

If Trower ever plays within an hour of you GO FUCKING SEE HIM before he dies or stops touring. He is a treasure of blues-rock awesomeness.

i've seen him like 4 or 5 times. from the 70's to just about 4 years ago.
he's toned down the volume these days, thankfully.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back