WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
both listening to and watching: Eight Days A Week, a Beatles documentary of their touring years.
i grew up listening to them and remember seeing them on the Ed Sullivan show in '64.
they really were quite spectacular as song writers and players.
I watched that last year,and again last night.
I was bummed out both times that it ended .
I wish it went into their studio work post touring.

Great documentary.

Watched the Gilmour live at Pompeii show again (yeah, it's that good).

And what I've just noticed is that whoever mixed that is just fucking brilliant, think it's Andy Jackson btw.

Not only mixed to sound like one show, but all of the songs by themselves are mixed to sound as close to the original recordings as possible (both fx and eq/sounds wise).
That really is incredibly impressive. With about 4 and a half decades worth of material, that shouldn't be possible. :embarrassed:

And I've got seriously got HORRIBLE gas for a BK Butler Tube Driver. Or 3. :embarrassed:

8106PZJXhuL._SY355_.jpg

cd-atkins.jpg

Last edited:
880add0032bb95e2e89a7bcaa64075ad.500x500x1.jpg

We've just added Over The Hills And Far Away for the christmas gig with Wasted, and thus I'm back on a Gary Moore binge. :embarrassed:
Completely forgot how much this album kicks arse.

Really dated production on it, but feck me what a guitar player he was. :love:

i don't care if you think that Fagen is a total twat......he's still a genius

You ain't fuckin' kidding, bro. My mother took me to see Steely Dan in 1974 because she couldn't get a babysitter for my little 9-year-old ass. Steely Dan has been my all-time favorite band since then.

/no_political

You ain't fuckin' kidding, bro. My mother took me to see Steely Dan in 1974 because she couldn't get a babysitter for my little 9-year-old ass. Steely Dan has been my all-time favorite band since then.

/no_political

wow......9 in 1974......i was in the A.F. in 1975 rotflmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back