WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!!!!!!!!

The 2nd Anthriel album, 'Transcendence', will be released next week 07 July :)

Their first album came out in 2010, so it's been seven years. They are from Finland, and sound very, very much like good Symphony X :) Somebody uploaded all the songs onto youtube and I've been listening (still am as I write this) to them. I will be ordering this album for sure.

Rice's big album came out more than 15 years ago. Recorded in his house, mostly like with a MacBook and appropriate software for the time.

He and Lisa Hannigan (the female backing/co-vocalist) haven't been on good terms for a decade or so, but her solo stuff is spectacular. Damien's two subsequent studio albums are very good, great even, but O is magic. Great live stuff and unit.

and if for one damn second you don't think that stephen Stills is NOT a f'ing player....watch this

44_n8221v.JPG

Last edited:
I was just listening to The Beatles, the White Album. After the excess of Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour, it was nice to hear a more stripped-down approach from them. I had forgotten how amazing many of those songs were.

Gilmour is just amazing.
His solo work is so tasty. So much feel,toan.

When you add Rick Wright in the mix it is magic. Old Misery Guts can fuck off

Last edited:
Had a great talk with Ronnie last night. At 74, he's still out there kicking life in the balls. One of the first "Rock Stars" I met as a kid through my cousin in the bidness, and the ONE my cousin told me to emulate most when I first picked up a guitar.

He lives about 15 minutes away in Carlsbad, and we're planning a mutual jam-along for the near future. The thought of which scares me shitless because if there are two things I DON'T do, they're Improv, and The Blues.

But he won't be with us much longer I'm afraid, and I can't pass up the opportunity.

I'll try and get some clips that aren't too embarrassing to post.

Big question is: what do I bring?

Strat or Tele?

Obviously the JC Amps are a no go. My Marshall hasn't seen daylight in 20+ years, and I am pretty sure a full stack JCM is inappropriate too.

Still looking at Classic 30s, would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back