WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Dog Shoppe. Market Street. Trumbull County Hospital. The Brown Derby.
if you know all that.....then you must know of the band Menagerie (Sharon - Youngstown) Ladies on Liberty Street.
one of the guitar players in that band, Terry DeMaria was my first guitar teacher, at Mark's Music in Farrell, Pa.
and if you know that, then you should know the best sub shop in the world.....Lock, Stock & Barrel, in downtown Sharpsville.
wave0

(yea....i'm 'mup-ear', jagoff)
:grin:

if you know all that.....then you must know of the band Menagerie (Sharon - Youngstown) Ladies on Liberty Street.
one of the guitar players in that band, Terry DeMaria was my first guitar teacher, at Mark's Music in Farrell, Pa.
and if you know that, then you should know the best sub shop in the world.....Lock, Stock & Barrel, in downtown Sharpsville.
wave0

(yea....i'm 'mup-ear', jagoff)
:grin:
Holy crap! I think I took my first lessons in the old Marks Music building !

Holy crap! I think I took my first lessons in the old Marks Music building !
yea....my first lessons with Terry, after already playing for 4 years, was around 1972. he was teaching me different techniques of lead guitar. it was at the high point of the Menagerie band. i remember going to the Menagerie Boutique in the Hermitage Mall on State Street to buy some "stage" clothes (highschool band).rotflmao

then a year later i was kind of a permanent fixture at Sebastian's Music, and got some lessons from Skip Rosario.

Breaking in a new CD transport, my trusty Arcam stand-alone CD player was starting to get wonky after 17 years of hard service.

71c0n0XRJbL._SL1060_.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Fucking awesome and brings it all back. So far the biggest loss emotionally for me from the world of music...

Second for me... The first was Layne... Yeah... I knew it was going to happen eventually... but it still CRUSHED me... and still hurts to this day... It took me years to realize that during most of the month of April that ALL I play is AIC (though AIC is roughly 60%-70% of what I play anyway lol)... Now with Scott's death... It honestly didn't affect me anywhere near the level of Layne and then Chris... Sure... I was expecting Scott to not last much longer (and probably processed thru the 5 Stages of Grief before he died)... and I LOVED Weiland... But Chris' death was sooo unexpected and sooo much harder on me... Still is...

He's probably my favorite singer ever...at least one of them.

He's tied for #3 for me (as a vocalist)... #1 - Layne Staley #2 - Sebastian Bach #3 - Chris Cornell/Freddie Mercury (I never can pick between the two...)

Bought Altars of Madness (Morbid Angel's debut) and listening to it now, at the moment it's "Lord of All Fevers and Plagues"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back