What are you guys listening to right now?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm in this strange mode where I only listen to music when I run..right now I put my iPod on shuffle and it is full of Counting Crows, Scott Henderson and John Petrucci...

I listened to Bill Handel on KFI on the way to work. hahaha.

I have a Beatles compilation CD of stuff i personally like the best, maybe not the most popular tunes, i have been listening to that.

xqqmytude said:
Muddy Waters

SRYSLY?

What era?

This is one of my favorite Muddy albums:

51728YCSRCL.jpg

Scorpions (Taken By Force album), a little bit of Liquid Tension Expeirment (Jordan Rudess, John Petrucci, and a couple other guys all put together) and Michael Schenker as always ;D

With all the open cubicles around here I usually don't have any music on. But I need to listen to a bit of 'Blackhawk' today. We have a new bass player in our band, and I have to pickup some of the vocal parts our last bass player sang and the Blackhawk song is one that I just can't figure out in my head, so I need to listen to the song a couple dozen times to get it down...

Jake S. said:
Scorpions (Taken By Force album), a little bit of Liquid Tension Expeirment (Jordan Rudess, John Petrucci, and a couple other guys all put together) and Michael Schenker as always ;D

Do you have Tokyo Tapes by the Scorpions? That was the one live album from that era that I had by them...you might really like it...

This morning on my way in it was Avenged Sevenfold. Not sure yet what I'll be in the mood for driving home.

denverdave said:
With all the open cubicles around here I usually don't have any music on. But I need to listen to a bit of 'Blackhawk' today. We have a new bass player in our band, and I have to pickup some of the vocal parts our last bass player sang and the Blackhawk song is one that I just can't figure out in my head, so I need to listen to the song a couple dozen times to get it down...
I wear headphones.

I miss a lot of calls, but I call them back. ;D

markwein said:
Jake S. said:

Do you have Tokyo Tapes by the Scorpions? That was the one live album from that era that I had by them...you might really like it...

As a matter of fact I do...I have very limited room on my 256MB mp3 player (The backup for the 4GB one that broke a couple weeks ago) so I haven't gotten to listen to it a whole lot...I'll get to it eventually though :)

Guitar1969 said:
I'm into Lifehouse these days - Rockin - yet mellow(kind of like Counting Crows vibe).

I think lifehouse is a VERY good band. I enjoy them a lot.

I actually use "You and Me" as an example song with my students all the time...its also fun to sing... :)

I stayed stuck in the 70's and "Hair Metal" way too long, so i sorta enjoyed discovering stuff everyone has already gotten tired of. I kinda like bands like Jet, Shinedown, Cake and such.

Im even on a Breaking Benjamin kick right now, im not sure if folks around here put them in the Nickleback category or not, but there it is. I like 'em.

thredlok said:
"onion girl" just popped up in itunes!

I had a really bad first date with a girl once and that song is what I envisioned life would be like 30 years later. ;D

Back