Question: What am I missing.

Virtual Pariah

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Not sure where to put this, but I've been rebuilding my amp/pedal setup after many years of going into POD or AxeFx units. I want low volume, but good versatility.

So here's what I've got going on for now.

Guitar> Whammy DT>Crybaby>GFS Fat Fuzz>Beatbuddy>ABY

The ABY switches into a FDRRI68 for cleans and into a Marshall SL5 for JCM 800 style sounds.

I'm trying to figure out what I may be missing.
I keep thinking some kind of screamer and compressor into the Fender and a flanger and phaser for the Marshall?

Any recommendations to add to the set? I've been on a pedal kick and may add another Marshall to the mix next year. The 18watt handwired or a Bluesbreaker keep calling my name.

Would a janglebox jb3 be the right compressor for a country tele lead sound?
Should I replace the Fuzz with a better one? (it's not used that much, but I like it once in awhile)

The guitars going into it vary between passive HH's to a SSH EMG set. I play with the amp eq to get something I like.

Would a janglebox jb3 be the right compressor for a country tele lead sound?

I say no as I own a Janglebox. The Janglebox is most effective in recreating the chime of Roger McGuinn's Rickenbacker. With the highend end switch turned off you get a Ross Compression which is close to an MXR Dyna Comp but not as much squish.

As for comp for the Country sound, get a Wampler Ego Compressor

What about a good screamer?
Am I best off going for an Ibanez reissue? Or are their more useable things out there?

I'd have to say that you should only buy pedals when the music you are playing requires a specific sound.

This is about where I am.
Playing with different pedals has been fun, in a mad scientist kind of way.
I'm not out making money on this at the moment, so it's purely experimental.

if you want experimental, then you should get a Z-Vex Fuzz Probe and Subdecay Starlight DLX.

Back