Went skating last night

wagdog

Ack
There were a lot of people at the rink.
IMG_0052.JPG

There's a really nice free outdoor rink here in Akron, and I've been wanting to skate all season, but I've been sick with one thing after another since the season opened. First bronchitis, and now a sinus infection. Ugh.

I remember growing up as a kid. There was this neighborhood pond with an island in the middle. In the winter we would skate the pond and have camp fires on the island. Everyone would meet there on weekends. It was always a blast.

There's a really nice free outdoor rink here in Akron, and I've been wanting to skate all season, but I've been sick with one thing after another since the season opened. First bronchitis, and now a sinus infection. Ugh.
I love skating outdoors. When my kids were young I would pour a rink in our yard.
ice-rink-2002-12-11.jpg

You need to turn in your Tim Hortons coffee card and move south.
Can I bring my healthcare with me?
That's not a cheap shot. That's just reality for me.
After reading some of the health insurances posts here, I'd be terrified to move south.

The Tim Hortons: I could live without it.

I remember growing up as a kid. There was this neighborhood pond with an island in the middle. In the winter we would skate the pond and have camp fires on the island. Everyone would meet there on weekends. It was always a blast.

The one year that I've ever really skated was the year that a low lying field nearby flooded in the fall and then froze a week later. It was about half of a football field in size, but somewhat irregular in shape. My parents were working and I was bored because all of my friends were skating. So, I dug my big brother's skates out of the closet, stuffed socks in the toes and went out and hobbled around the ice for the afternoon.
When my dad heard, he took me out for skates - to Canadian Tire, of course.
I was skating within a week. Playing shinny the next.
When that field melted, I went to a public skate at an arena once that spring and I've never skated since.

I never got into ice skating. Rollerskating OTOH, I had a blast. That was untill I blew out my knees at the roller rink. I had a couple little kids skate right out in front of me, and a couple more decided to plow into me from behind. That was not a fun time, let me tell you. My doc said I needed to hang them up if I wanted to keep walking without pain.

I never got into ice skating. Rollerskating OTOH, I had a blast. That was untill I blew out my knees at the roller rink. I had a couple little kids skate right out in front of me, and a couple more decided to plow into me from behind. That was not a fun time, let me tell you. My doc said I needed to hang them up if I wanted to keep walking without pain.
Ouch.

I roller skated a lot when I was a kid. I loved going to the roller rink on Fri and Sat nights.

I heard a radiolab episode (a show I hate) about Surya Bonaly while I was in the turlet that was pretty interesting.

I skated a few times when they would rent you skates after the local minor league hockey game. Fun and I didn't fall.

Back