Went hiking today

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I had flashbacks of when I was in Nam...heard the whirlwind of choppers and it was all i could do to reach in my pocket and pull my camera. They were heading right for me. I thought they were gonna shoot...they probably thought I was pointing a gun at them....this could've went down ugly.

Anyway it was windy , about 49 when i set out and maybe 70 when i got back.

P1070262

P1070261

P1070260

P1070247

P1070248

P1070258

IMG_3609

The dog and I took some selfies of course....

Here is the dogs
IMG_dog

and here is mine
IMG_3616

....and then we took a together selfie.....

IMG_3617

and then of course it was video time because that's what one does with techno gadgetry in the outdoors

There was fun had by all, got in some good 4 wheeling on the way to the trail too. When i was finished hiking and back at my jeep I sat in the two track road and took a pebble out of my shoe. Along came two Mt. Bikers and I didn't notice them till they were right up to me and turning onto a trail I said "oh hey how's it going"...neither one acknowledged me.....too good for ol' ddBob I s'pose *spits* I saw the third one as i was leaving and we exchanged greetings.

i went hiking today also. did 8 miles and there were F-16's flying over me. but that's because this 3500 acre woods runs near the 180th Fighter Wing. :grin:

You're lucky they didn't core out your rectum and exsanguinate you.
687474703a2f2f666f72756d732e617269612e636f2e756b2f696d616765732f736d696c6965732f74696e666f696c6861742e676966.gif

i went hiking today also. did 8 miles and there were F-16's flying over me. but that's because this 3500 acre woods runs near the 180th Fighter Wing. :grin:

These would've been coming from Davis Monthan Air Base in Tucson but that's about 20 miles by air. They were flying REAL low. I imagine they were just practicing manuevers (most likely illegally because they were LOW). Not sure where they were headed. We only did about 3 miles roundtrip (uphill one way) because Callie is getting older and arthritic now so if she goes too hard she limps for a day or so. A few years ago (2009 actually)we did this one and went to the boundary of Saguaro National park which is about halfway up the snow covered mountain but that was 9 miles RT and 4.5 uphill. Bloody paws was the result of that hike :(
IMG_0482.jpg

You can see the blood on her hind quarter where she was licking herself ^
IMG_0483.jpg

I'm really starting to look forward to spring...I'm planning on doing some hiking this year now that I'm physically able to...

Where are you Bob? By the landscape I'm guessinh Arizone?

I'm really starting to look forward to spring...I'm planning on doing some hiking this year now that I'm physically able to...

Where are you Bob? By the landscape I'm guessinh Arizone?
correct, Tucson , AZ to be exact. It's a good place for outdoors we got lots of diversity here. Anything from almost ten thousand feet to heavy cacti country all within an hours drive. The east side of Tucson is high desert like what's pictured and the western part is cholla and saguro cacti.

correct, Tucson , AZ to be exact. It's a good place for outdoors we got lots of diversity here. Anything from almost ten thousand feet to heavy cacti country all within an hours drive. The east side of Tucson is high desert like what's pictured and the western part is cholla and saguro cacti.

I used to live there as a kid in the 70s. Lived near the banks of the La Canada "River" and went to Flowing Wells Elementary School.

I used to live there as a kid in the 70s. Lived near the banks of the La Canada "River" and went to Flowing Wells Elementary School.

You probably wouldn't recognize it now, it's changed so much. We moved here in 1978 ( we lived in Ajo from 1970 till 76 then Silver City , NM for a year and a half) so much has changed all over town but especially the Northwest and the far eastside. I grew up on the far east side around Speedway and Houghton road if you remember the town any. So we were only about 20 minutes away from Reddington.

Back