WTF: Well, the fits hitting the shan...

In principal I agree with you. But campuses that big have major crimes from time to time. I would like to think that the more experienced police personnel, like watch commanders, etc. should have them, at least while responding to/investigating a serious crime.

Then call in the real police, not campus police.

It's not that complicated.

after watching that video it looks like the cop tries to open the car door and the guy pulls it closed and starts the car and goes to drive off and then the cop pulls his gun and shoots the guy in the head....and the guy drives away and crashes at the end of the street and is dead. i don't see anywhere in there that the cop was being "dragged" and HAD to shoot the guy. the car is off and gone and the cop fell down. at least they blurred out the actual gunshot.

He fired the gun before the car started moving. Involuntary hitting the gas from a guy who'd just been shot in the head.

The two officers that lied for Tensing have been placed on leave by UC. He has been fired and now is suing the university for his job back.

The two officers that lied for Tensing have been placed on leave by UC. He has been fired and now is suing the university for his job back.
ROFL

I hope the university replies with:

7971ed01b75a6de97786ee2df0b9aef1.jpg

Reactions: Tig
seriously. it IS them against us....

I can't agree with that at all.

I will say that poor candidates are often admitted to the force and that, once accepted, they are poorly trained. And I'm sure that there are a lot of reasons for that; local and state police rather than federal, maybe?

But, IMHO, this isn't primarily about government overstepping its bounds (though the cops involved here certainly did), it's about racism. Which is systemic, and runs the gamut from top to bottom.

And the grand jury just came back and chose not to pursue charges against the two officers that backed up Tensing's report.

Depending on the state, running from the cops in a motorized vehicle is a felony. Cops are not permitted to use deadly force unless they are directly threatened, which this jerk obviously was not.

On a generally related note, of the police chases in the U.S., one person dies per day on average. Half are innocent bystanders and half are in the fleeing vehicle.

He didn't run from the cops, though.
Obviously you are in one of your argumentative moods or are completely blind. When he was instructed to remove his seatbelt as the cop was opening the door, he started the car and put it in gear. He ran using the car. That's what it is called when you evade a cop, regardless of the situation that preceded it.

Please don't waste my time with your pursuit of an argument, especially in this beyond obvious case. Watch the body cam video as much as you want. If it is still unclear, perhaps you should examine your agenda. If you still feel you have to have the last word (as usual), by all means go for it. I won't be wasting my time, however.

Obviously you are in one of your argumentative moods or are completely blind. When he was instructed to remove his seatbelt as the cop was opening the door, he started the car and put it in gear. He ran using the car. That's what it is called when you evade a cop, regardless of the situation that preceded it.

Please don't waste my time with your pursuit of an argument, especially in this beyond obvious case. Watch the body cam video as much as you want. If it is still unclear, perhaps you should examine your agenda. If you still feel you have to have the last word (as usual), by all means go for it. I won't be wasting my time, however.

Please watch this and reassess your post. Please.

Back