WTF: Well, the fits hitting the shan...

You're right. I apologize for calling you a twat. As for being thin skinned, I'm pretty stressed out and not having a very good handle on things lately and seeing this in my hometown has definitely set me on edge. So I apologize. Okay?

Good enough, thanks. Hope it's peaceful-like.

i don't know what ohio's laws are with regard to campus police, but i'm really certain they do not have jurisdiction to cruise around the "hood" looking for someone to pull over, even if the hood is right next to campus.....it's NOT campus property. so that shooting should never have occured, if the cop stayed in his own yard.

This is a growing problem across the USA. Campus cops get sent off campus to check of off-campus parties or off-campus housing. Or they get sent out to harass drug dealers just outside the campus. Or they patrol nearby ghettoes where the regular cops don’t to foster goodwill with the surrounding community that’s sick of being poor and hungry and having a bunch of rich white kids next door. Eventually the campus cops who are supposed to be glorified mall cops become the local cops. And then tragedies like this remind us why those guys were supposed to be unarmed campus cops in the first place.

Higher res video and subtitles, plus some community responses, the prosecutor, and Dubose's mother. Warning: Actual death here. View at own risk. :(

well.....apparently very little has changed in this country with respect to the cops since wyatt earp and batt masterson.....gun slingers with badges.

I have been pulled for no front plate, bad tail light, no license plate light over the years. A friend got 3 tickets in 6 months for tint that was too dark. We are both white as rice. Maybe some cops ignore these infractions for whites and use them to harass blacks, but the notion that white people are never pulled for equipment violations is patently untrue.

I have met cops that are true public servants with absolute integrity, and others so corrupt and arrogant that I wouldn't piss on them if they were burning in the street in front of my house.
^
This is spot on.

Another thing to consider is that COPS has been on for over 25 years. If you run, they will shoot. How hard is that to comprehend? I'm not saying it is right, but it is how it works in most cases.

Another thing to consider is that COPS has been on for over 25 years. If you run, they will shoot. How hard is that to comprehend? I'm not saying it is right, but it is how it works in most cases.

yea.....because (until very recently) cops have almost never gone to prison for it. now that there's video on every cell phone and all the serveillence cams and even dash/body cams on the cops.....their b.s. stories backed up by other lying cops are falling apart. perhaps when a bunch of cops go to prison for murder, the attitudes will start changing.
just sayin'

Speaking as someone who's spent the past 13 years on university campuses both massive and small, both as student and as educator, it blows my mind that campus police anywhere are allowed to carry weapons of any kind.
Not sure if it's the case in this situation, but some universities are as big as small cities. They have 'campus police' that are regular cops, their beat just happens to be around the school.

Not sure if it's the case in this situation, but some universities are as big as small cities. They have 'campus police' that are regular cops, their beat just happens to be around the school.

I've spent times on campuses with 60-70K students.

Weapons should never be allowed on campuses. Period.

I've spent times on campuses with 60-70K students.

Weapons should never be allowed on campuses. Period.
In principal I agree with you. But campuses that big have major crimes from time to time. I would like to think that the more experienced police personnel, like watch commanders, etc. should have them, at least while responding to/investigating a serious crime.

Back