WTF: Well, the fits hitting the shan...

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
I don't know how much you guys have seen about this, but a week ago a local unarmed black man- Sam Dubose - was shot and killed by a campus police officer and tensions have been quite high in the city. As is typical, the police account and the bystander account have been quite different and even though there is body cam footage, it hasn't been released. Yesterday the officer's lawyer said they were prepared for the grand jury to be indicting him, and today the prosecutor's office is releasing the body cam tape. There's a press conference at the university and barricades are being put up and the campus was closed at 11 a.m. It's quite likely that the next Ferguson or Baltimore is going to be happening in my hometown... I remember the last round 14 years ago vividly, and the officers in the Timothy Thomas case were indicted, but not convicted- that's been a running theme in the past few years and even though nothing has happened yet, I just have a really bad feeling about all of this. City mojo if you have some to spare... you're probably going to see us on the evening news. :fan:

One of my good friends is a freelance cinematographer and videographer... he's had several news outlets contact him about getting them footage. Not a good sign.

It is sadly so unnecessary (both the original event as well as the overreaction before the facts are clear).

<tangent>
The Sandra Bland arrest and suicide is an example of both parties doing something questionable but not absolutely wrong. The state trooper was pushing his authority too much, yet nothing was illegal about his actions. Bland started off with a huge attitude and treated the cop like no one with half a brain would ever do, regardless of race or background. Meanwhile, the reactive fervor has been somewhat premature.
Her suicide is unfortunate, but all evidence shows the jail was not grossly negligent as far as we now know. Even the inmates defended the jailers, which says quite a lot.

Last edited:
From WCPO:

The most likely charges to be considered are negligent homicide, a misdemeanor that carries a sentence of no more than 180 days in jail, or reckless homicide, a third-degree felony that could mean as much as three years in prison with a conviction, according to legal experts.

The other charges possible in a killing – involuntary manslaughter, voluntary manslaughter, murder and aggravated murder – are less likely for a grand jury to return in this case, but would mean penalties as severe as 11 years or life in prison with a conviction.

That's less time- regardless of the charges - then the man who's stabbed my former brother-in-law's younger brother to death received. So fucked. :(

yea....we have an office in sharonville, north end of cincy and they said the UC has been evacuated as well as the neighborhoods surrounding it. the mayor says "they're prepared".....yea....that's what they said in Ferguson.

Back